My Trip to UE Headquarters (56k'ers beware)
Jul 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not really. Both sets of IEM's are relatively easy to drive. I find the sound quality difference to be about the same amped or not. The SE530's are great 'phones, probably about as good of a universal as you can get right now, but they just aren't as complete of an IEM as the UE-11 is. Treble (!!), instrumental seperation and overall depth of sound are where the UE-11 really trumps the SE530.

DANG! I was hoping you wouldn't say that $$$$. Sigh.......
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #32 of 38
I think I need to sign off this forum. Better yet, just uninstall my OS.

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey MRDEAD, any burn-in with those UEs? or no burn in needed as the sound doesnt change?

Nah no burn in, armature drivers are not affected by burn in, as they have no diaphragms to stretch.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #35 of 38
Great read and nice pics
Quote:

For people who ask, "Is the difference in sound quality between SE530/UM2/Triple .fi/SA-6 etc. and UE11 enough to justify the huge price difference?" I say this: If you already own one of the aformentioned IEM's, the answer is no. The law of diminishing returns is truer here than ever before. Dollar for dollar all of the above mentioned IEM's outperform the UE11's. BUT if you don't already own any high-end IEM's and are on the fence as to whether to get a high-end universal or spend the extra $$ and get the UE11's, I would recommend the UE11's if you've got the cash. They really are an unbelievable sounding IEM, and are now my go-to reference headphones. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.*

Probably wiser words than I will ever know. I am on the verge of selling off my E4G's and keeping my UM2's as my sole IEM's. But at the moment I am loving my new toy (ESW9's). I have told myself my next IEM would only be a custom

Not about to be able to afford one anytime soon, especially with my conspicuous ostentatiousness
biggrin.gif
... but like most people on this site I secretly like being told to spend money lol

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

The best way I can describe it is it's kind of like the difference between a DVD and a Blu-ray. One is still good, but the other is just that much better.
biggrin.gif

dude.

High Def KILLLLS regular DVD.

bad example
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #37 of 38
can't wait to get my pair later this year.. =) UE 11's look realll good and i bet they sound even better!!

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude.

High Def KILLLLS regular DVD.

bad example
biggrin.gif

Compare UE11's with universals. You'll probably find that example to be pretty accurate
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back