My Trip to UE Headquarters (56k'ers beware)
Jul 23, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome post buddy.

Yes, great job sportsfan/tuffstuff.

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #19 of 38
i want a UE zippo
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so, since I live close to the UE headquarters in Irvine could i just stop by and have them do the impressions and everything for me? Id rather do it there than go to a different audiologist. Do you need to make appointment? and how long does it take for the whole process until you get the finished product?

Well I care about you deadneddz. Yes you can go to UE to get your impressions done, and yes you need an appointment. If you get the impressions done by them, they do it free as well so that's a bonus. The entire process takes roughly 2 weeks from the time you get your impressions done to the time you receive your monitors.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I care about you deadneddz. Yes you can go to UE to get your impressions done, and yes you need an appointment. If you get the impressions done by them, they do it free as well so that's a bonus. The entire process takes roughly 2 weeks from the time you get your impressions done to the time you receive your monitors.

haha thanks for answering my question, im sure ur enjoying your customs, i cant wait to get them!!

-THANKS!!

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mrdeadfolx-Not to jack the thread but I can't help to notice your 2 portable rigs in your profile. Please tell us how you would rank SQ between the two. Basically which is your favorite and how close % does the other one come? In other words is the SE530 90% of what the UE11 is? Thanks

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #25 of 38
Man! This would be outstanding! Getting some custom UE's done. I bet they are perfect sounding since the nozzle is perfectly aimed in each ear. All I need is $600 and I can get it done.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT - But then again, upon more thought, this is the purpose of the new JVCs coming out. Hmmm...I now see the wisdom.

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mrdeadfolx-Not to jack the thread but I can't help to notice your 2 portable rigs in your profile. Please tell us how you would rank SQ between the two. Basically which is your favorite and how close % does the other one come? In other words is the SE530 90% of what the UE11 is? Thanks

Hey Spyro,
Well obviously the UE11/Predator rig is my favoured one, but the SE530/Predator rig is no slouch either. It's really tough to put a percentage to something like that, but if I HAD to, I'd say the SE530/Tomahawk combo is about 70% as good as the UE11/Predator rig. The best way I can describe it is it's kind of like the difference between a DVD and a Blu-ray. One is still good, but the other is just that much better.
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want a UE zippo
frown.gif

okay... THAT is what you want?
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #28 of 38
mrdeadfolx - While you don't probably listen this way, I suspect "unamped" the SQ is much closer (little drop off with SE530 but a definite dropoff with UE11)?

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mrdeadfolx - While you don't probably listen this way, I suspect "unamped" the SQ is much closer (little drop off with SE530 but a definite dropoff with UE11)?

No, not really. Both sets of IEM's are relatively easy to drive. I find the sound quality difference to be about the same amped or not. The SE530's are great 'phones, probably about as good of a universal as you can get right now, but they just aren't as complete of an IEM as the UE-11 is. Treble (!!), instrumental seperation and overall depth of sound are where the UE-11 really trumps the SE530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back