My thoughts on these Enigma Audio "Oenomel"...RANT!
Mar 1, 2006 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok the preface:
I drive down to ohio this past weekend and meet with a few "people".....
Some dude hands me some rca interconnects and says "try them out and tell me what you think."
I think to myself "oh great another wannabe head-fi'er who thinks he can make a set of inter connects..don't these people understand that I use Cardas Neutral reference? I mean come on..."
I drive back to Chicago and the next day I hook up my gear like normal using the Cardas interconnects like usual, then I remember about the cute little "DIY" interconnects handed to me in Ohio. I figured why not and give them a shoot...rite?

So I take out this silver bag (its really cute and fancy..then again this is a cable so they need the cute and attractive packaging.)
and I go to connect them on my gear but wait something is not rite..
There is no colors for the channel identification to tell me which one is right and/or left..now either he messed up when he gave them to me or he has some design skills, cause I like that!

So Sunday mourning I am sitting here in my room listening to the gear as follow's, Meridian G08 > Enigma Audio Oenomel cables > RSA Raptor > Sennheiser hd650's.

I am listening and thinking to myself "the setup has some speed, imaging, and overall sound stage more then before."
but other then that I can't hear much difference..wait a second..
these cables cost $130 (I have the one meter) and I don't hear much difference then from my Cardas Neutral reference $500 interconnects?.....What? this cables is not no "DIY" junk..this mofo is serious!..

Now at that moment I had two small complaints with them..
first the heavy musical passages could get little muddy at time's.
Second is the bass was there but not there enough...

Oh btw: these cable's had no burn in or use what so ever..

So I gave the cables a two day run strait on, and today I went threw everyone one of my cd's cause of them.
My two complaints are gone, in fact now the speed, imaging and micro details are so much more evident then on the cardas..in fact I don't even want the Cardas plugged in my set up again..nor my mit's...In fact I just want these.

I am not saying this is the end all of cables but you neutral Reference users should give these cables a try. what's the worst that can come of it? ok maybe you would have to sell your $500 interconnects later...or just get rid of the $115.00 Oenomel cables..

BTW!
this is not a review! hell the cables aren't even burned in yet (if you believe in that..)
I paid in full ($130) for them...no discounts here..non asked,,,non needed.
BTWx2!!
YES mister cable maker dude did the no color on rca connectors on purpose.
BTWx3+infinity!!! I have more respect for Cardas...I am a skeptic when it comes to cable makers, especially the people on head-fi..no offense but what do you got that bigger companies don't?.....well Maybe My business from now on!
BTWx3+infinity+2 to the second power! The rant is about...... ... ... umm not sure ... i guess nothing

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 8
So....What was the point of this rant again?

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 8
Ok. *Pats you on the head*. I have some Enigma cables coming my way too so...yah. I need to get my amp and stuff first though.

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
My two complaints are gone, in fact now the speed, imaging and micro details are so much more evident then on the cardas..in fact I don't even want the Cardas plugged in my set up again..nor my mit's...In fact I just want these.

I am not saying this is the end all of cables but you neutral Reference users should give these cables a try. what's the worst that can come of it? ok maybe you would have to sell your $500 interconnects later...or just get rid of the $115.00 Oenomel cables..

What is the Oenomel made of? If it's got silver in it at all, then I'm not surprised at the differences you're hearing. Like somebody said recently, cables aren't magic, and I firmly believe that each type of material used for cables (copper, silver, silver plated copper, gold, carbon) brings with it some consistent inherent sound qualities, regardless of what some people say about "design mattering the most".

I recently bought a pair of Neutral Refs (for like the 3rd time
rolleyes.gif
) and putting it into my system clearly increased warmth and smoothness but decreased speed and extension along with being less revealing, when compared to the silver plated copper Zcable Live V5 I've been using for a while now. I'm deliberately trying to inject some warmth and smoothness though into my system so I wanted to retry the Neutral Refs again, but I have to say, I miss the speedy, wide and airy sound and soundstage the Live V5s have far too much for me to keep the Neutral Refs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back