My Thoughts Of the New Sony Walkman A865
Mar 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #511 of 516
i have had my a865 for about 8 months now and it literally is my benchmark for sq as far as portables go, it just has such a large smooth, and clear presentation of sound and it seems to play well with most portable amps. i use it with the a865>e17 3.5mm>vmoda M100 and the LP2.the headphone jack on the sony is mounted on a weird angle so when you use a right angle plug it puts stress on one part on the inside of the jack... when it goes i will replace with a new a865 because it sounds so gooood.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #513 of 516
Hello friend.
Could I ask you a help?
I have 02 models SONY WALKMAN NWZ-A865 - 16GB - BLACK ... the 02 models I bought via e-bay, HK in 2012.
I realize that the 02 has factory a Screen Protector ... looks good.
My doubt:
I leave this "Screen Protector Original Factory" or buy and put a brand or best model?
I also thought, when I put a NEW SCREEN PROTECTOR ... I remove the very thin screen protector that came from the factory?
Your, or friends also comes with this protective (Screen Protector)?

NOTE: I have 02 models NWZ-A865 BLK ((I Love it, great same NWZ-Z1060)) ... 01 is from Europa CE and other USA - FCC  and 02 came with this "Screen Protector" factory.

I also have the NWZ-S545, NWZ-Z1060, and these did not come with any "Screen Protector" is the 1st time I see a Walkman from Sony come with "Screen Protector" factory.
So I am afraid the quality if I change or leave this.

Thank you.

Otto Moreira - BRAZIL
SOUTH AMERICA

Mirassol-SP
ottomoreira@terra.com.br

Oct 29, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #515 of 516
Hi, I just tested an app that removes the sound limit and changes the destination settings of the nwz-a867. It was published yesterday by the guys of rockbox. I verified the changes in the service menu and the sound without the cap is great. Published under the code ad9a2d5: nwztools/plattools: add a tool to change destination and sound pressure

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #516 of 516
Anyone else still using the A860? I just dusted it off and use it for the first time in years. Still sound really good with my Audio-Technica AT-W3000ANV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back