MY TAKE: Soundmagic PL-50 vs Cyclone PR1-Pro vs Maximo iM-590
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodvibes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll find the Pl50 will get more air over time but the upper mid emphasis will stay. How much better would you say the etymotics are? I've got some HF2s coming.

I find that my HF5s are really better all-around. Similar sound signature, but without the high-mid aggressiveness. If the PL-50s sound like butter, than the HF5s are a nice whipped cream
wink_face.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #18 of 28
I'm a bit curious about PL 50 when use with NOT-over-the ear, how comfortable is it? and how about get the seal?

Actually, PL 50's sound character is get my attention (vocal lover for sure), but I'm just afraid with its over-the-ear style (feel uncomfortable with my glasses, unless when I use it for sleep)

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 28
^ Second that. You need to swap left /right to wear them downwards ! They are most comfortable when used over the ear. I find the PL50s to be incredible for the price. Also they seem to be quite under-rated /appreciated on head-fi ..They deserve more appreciation than the PL-30 ,IMO.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I'm afraid the PL50 are designed for over-ear only. You'd need to swap left/right to wear them downwards.

I don't agree on the need to swap sides for wearing downward. I've kept the sides as-is and have worn them downward plenty. "Staying power" probably depends upon the tips you're using, but the Shure Olives they stay put (and seal) just fine.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #23 of 28
^ yipcanjo is right, I just tried and you can wear them downwards without swapping sides. They are not designed for it, but it works. Sorry for my misleading previous post.
redface.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faheem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^It does work but isn't as comfortable as swapping the sides and wearing them straight down or over the ears without swapping sides
wink.gif

Wow. Different ears, I guess. I tried swapping sides (just now) and it didn't work AT ALL in my ears. Otherwise, with "red on right", wearing them down fits fine. Over-the-ear is better, but down is totally doable for me.

pl50s_worn_down.jpg

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Different ears, I guess. I tried swapping sides (just now) and it didn't work AT ALL in my ears. Otherwise, with "red on right", wearing them down fits fine. Over-the-ear is better, but down is totally doable for me.

pl50s_worn_down.jpg

Yeah , different fit for different ears. In my case the ear plugs go deep inside and are hardly visible.I will post some snaps of my fitting when I do the PL-50 review .

By the way ,How does the PL-50 fare when compared the S4 ?
I haven't tried the S4 but read quite a lot about it .Seems to have an amazing bass and more fun sound.

Also looking at the different price ranges,I assume its much more detailed than the PL50 ? Your opinion please.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #28 of 28
yes your right regarding the PL-50, however the weakness of this babies was the mid to the lows, as they are some what lacks the punch, notice how the snares and tom toms sounds? they sounded like tinny, but the mids and highs are sound good and well detailed, well after using a cx300 for over a year i can say that the cx300 has a mids to low good as you can hear the tom toms clear and the snares was quite has detail compared to the PL-50, brainwavs m1 and the popular m2 has a good mid to low detail, where the PL-50 lacks, sound staging was good too, the real asset of the PL-50 was its mid to high tones but lacks some thickness in mid to low tones, i can say that the PL-50 was a first choice if your going to listen on acoustic songs. as it emphasize vocals clean and detailed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back