My story about Head-Direct
Jan 5, 2010 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daonesteven

Head-Fier
So i'm posting here the results of my dealings with head-direct/fang/nankai, not so much a complaint but so that I can get some feedback on what other people think and as a warning to others if they think it's worth heeding. Though I became bitter as our emails progressed, I'll start out by saying that they tried to provide some type of resolution in the form of purchase credit on the site, so I'm not gonna sit here and lie that he was uncooperative, but it was still not what I wanted because that's not the whole point of why I wanted a return in the first place, otherwise I would have just kept the headphones.

I returned a pair of Pk3's back to them within 1 day after I received it from them, the process took over a month where I constantly contacted them every week about the status of the return, whereby they finally (numerous unresponded emails) stated that they never received the product. No, I did not get tracking on the package so there is probably no way for me to prove that I actually returned it. But obviously I wouldn't be sitting here writing these elaborate posts or even wasting all that time trading emails with them for a measly $39 that I can earn in like 2 hours of work, if I didn't actually send it to them. What's really frustrating for me is that yes, there is the ever so slightest possibility that USPS messed up on the return package, but in my life experience, I have never had a situation where USPS actually completely lost or misdelivered my package. Hell, just in the month of December, I returned 6 packages back to Amazon, 3 of which I returned on the same trip and location as the one I sent back to Head-Direct. Everything else has always posted returns and credited back to my account, so that is why I find everything so suspicious despite HD's fame on this site. TBQH, I just think they received it but didn't realize it wasn't my return package.

And really, their site only mentions the fact that returns have to be made within 30 days, so to argue that it was my fault or that I lacked common sense in getting tracking is moot. I already know that all of this headache would have been avoided if I had just gotten tracking but nowhere does it say in their policies or some universal law that I absolutely need to get tracking to successfully complete a return. So yes I took a risk and I guess I lost, but that doesn't make me feel any less frustrated.

So what does everyone think about this $39 donation I just made to Head-Direct? I'm welcome to views on what people think, since I'm basically just plumb out of luck according to them and Paypal.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 7
I know this doesn't help you now, but I ALWAYS get delivery confirmation or tracking whenever I'm sending/returning an item of value.
Personally, I've only had good experience with Head-Direct, but it seems lately there have been some complaints.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 7
my experience here ~

i ordered Hifiman 801 in 10th Aug , then later i ordered RE0 in Sept again.

i received my 801 around 11th Dec i think, but they missed RE0 in my package ~ i msg Fang and received a reply the same day~ i received the follow up RE0 package on 4th of Jan due to post office closed during holiday in Australia.

on top of that, during the RE0 Promotion period, because i still waiting for my 801 to arrive together with RE0 therefore consider i never physically receive RE0 thus fang honor me and refund the difference of what i original paid compare to the promotion price ~

my experience with head-direct is great so far, enough say. i m sorry about your experience. when doing return goods always have to be careful as so many things could go wrong and especially yourself coz its where it all start like a mistake of address or name etc.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 7
I'd say - think of it as a life lesson learnt for $39.

Feel free to Thank Head-Direct if they gave you a credit for future purchases.

But I feel your pain ... I have been victim of lost and destroyed shipments.

Sending anything via USPS to another country is dependant on that country's postal system as well ... and China is a big country. It is tough for both customer and businessnes without tracking and insurance.

If you have proof / receipt of mailing - you could go to the post office for claim.

I am eagerly waiting for my HE5 combo package myself.

Cheers and Good Luck to all ...
Happy New Year!

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by saisunil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sending anything via USPS to another country is dependant on that country's postal system as well ... and China is a big country. It is tough for both customer and businessnes without tracking and insurance.

I don't think the package had to be returned to China, but to Elmhurst,NY.

To the OP, It seems to me your beef is with the USPS and the advice to always do get a tracking number is X2. I"m sure if Fang says he didn't get the return package, he didn't get it

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 7
I think this should be in their feedback thread and sending ANYTHING by a non-trackable method is stupid.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this should be in their feedback thread and sending ANYTHING by a non-trackable method is stupid.

An informed decision needs to be made by each of us when we buy or sell stuff. Only the individual buyer/seller can make a call if purchasing insurance is worth the risk or not. I feel bad for the OP but he made a decision and now has to live with the consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back