My SLAPPA!!! story
Oct 5, 2006 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
I've always been a 'fan' of SLAPPA gear, and I simply love the way they do business, so I thought I'd share my SLAPPA!!! story here. For the record, I have no connection to the company other than being happy with their gear and the way they treat their customers. Everything they do comes off with such positive energy.

Today I ordered a HardBody Pro laptop case. See http://www.slappa.com/site/hardbody.html and was reminded of why I love this company.

First, I had been prompted to visit their website by an email that I received from them that promised free gear and free shipping. Nice. Second, when I was placing my order, I received a discount of $26 off of the $129.99 price simply by entering HEADFI (all caps, no imbedded dash) in the Coupon Code. Wham! The price went down to $103.99 and because I had spent over $99, I also received free UPS shipping, as well as a free 40 Pro CD hard case (a $14.99 value)! So, in effect, the HardBody Pro cost me less than $90, shipped to my door.

Folks, I really don't mean to sound "preachy" but there is no way any other company (that I'm aware of) can touch this price while delivering a product of this amazing quality. How do I know about the quality? Well, actually, I already bought a HardBody Pro from the SLAPPA guys who were displaying their wares at the national meet. The special 'meet price' of $75 was just silly good for this bag (which is a piece of art), so I grabbed one.

But, silly me, I also bought a BulkHead Pro 4:1 travel bag the day (see http://www.slappa.com/site/bulkhead4.html), and later on that NYC trip filled it with about 40 pieces of new vinyl. So by the time I was ready to return to Cayman, I had accumulated too much stuff to bring back! I ended up passing on the $75 deal of a century for the HardBody Pro to Mikhail, who was busy working his own table and had missed the SLAPPA!!! display altogether. Off he went to Denver with my laptop carrying case!!!

So now I've got my own HardBody Pro, as well as the BulkHead Pro 4:1 bag, the 600 HardBody Pro CD case (http://www.slappa.com/site/600.html), a number of smaller CD and DVD cases, and of course my WallMatz (http://www.slappa.com/site/wallmatz.html). Effectively, I've become a collector of SLAPPA!!! gear, although I do use it all at various times.

Maybe what tickled my most today was the HEADFI coupon code. I tried to enter Head-Fi first, and that didn't work, then HeadFi, and that didn't work, then HEAD-FI, and that didn't work! About the time I was going to give up, HEADFI did the trick! The discount was much appreciated, SLAPPA!!! Thanks for supporting Head-Fi (and for making such great products available at reasonable prices).

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 9
I got 3 cd hard case from Slappa. They're beautiful especially the camel color. I'm planning to get their psp hard body case for my ds lite.

edit: They should make camera and lens case.

Oct 5, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 9
Your message inspired me to go to the SLAPPA web site and order a SlipScreen for an iPOD Nano and a HardBody PSP Daily Case to hold my iPOD Video, charger and UM2s when travelling. Getting the "HEADFI" discount was nice. Thanks for the pointer!
cool.gif

Edit: My stuff just came in. The HardBody definitely hold my 5G 30G and UM2's. Heck, my Rockhopper Pimeta might fit in there too. Both items seem to be well built and functional. I won't hesitate to buy from Slappa again.

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 9
I love SLAPPA gear too! They have amazing promotions and excellent customer service. The one and only mixup they made on an order was corrected quickly and I got to keep the case they sent by mistake! Here is a pic of SOME of my Slappa cases:

DSCN1727.JPG

Great gear and a great sponsor of Head-Fi!

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 9
I agree with all the sentiments in this thread so far... the cases are high quality and the customer service is even better. I had trouble with a case I ordered from them once (an older one before they changed to the current sizes), and upon emailing them they promptly replaced it and sent me two smaller cases for free. Service doesn't get much better than that.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Here is a pic of SOME of my Slappa cases: ** snip **

Wow! Al, you must have a ton of CD's in your collection. How much do each of those cases hold?

I'd go that route myself, but I kind of like to be able to see all of my CD's in their jewel cases. I use Boltz racks, and have maybe 1,500 CD's or slightly more. Thankfully, I still have space for more!

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Wow! Al, you must have a ton of CD's in your collection. How much do each of those cases hold?

I'd go that route myself, but I kind of like to be able to see all of my CD's in their jewel cases. I use Boltz racks, and have maybe 1,500 CD's or slightly more. Thankfully, I still have space for more!

Well, a single guy like you with at least a couple music rooms in his house has the luxury of beautiful Boltz racks lining the walls, but I ain't so lucky. I don't have a dedicated music room and my wife insists on books being on most of the shelves in our living room, so I switched over to Slappa this year.

I have a mix of the 240 and 120 cases but I put the CD cover/inserts in the cases, so they really hold something over 120 and 60 because I do double up sometimes. It was Sleestack who got me going on Slappa gear and I actually prefer it to racks of jewel cases because with racks you only see the spines. Now, I can flip through a case or two and see the full covers and enjoy the artwork while I do so. Try it, you might like it!
very_evil_smiley.gif
The one thing I haven't gotten figured out is whether to let go of the empty jewel cases--they are currently in boxes (very heavy boxes) in my garage and I can't decide what to do with them.

As to sheer numbers, I don't think I have too much more than 1000 CDs. Now LPs, I probably have closer to 2000 of those bad-boys. BTW, do you have that HR-X of yours set up yet? My Aries 3 with XR10-B has transformed my listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back