My short, semi-first impressions of using the Gilmore Lite with HD650s
Jul 27, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have information about a possible upgrade for the GLite and GS-1 soon?

AFAIK only GS-1 and GS-X support user upgradeable modules. On Glite you would need to replace the whole board to upgrade
GLite
lite_board_med.jpg

GS-1 (you can see two modules just bolted down)
gs1_silver_inside_med.jpg

Jul 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've thought about getting a Lite for work, but that pot looks horribly cheap. Anyone ever have a problem with it?

GAD

Never heard of anyone having problem with it. I use GLite with DPS at work and not missing much comparing to GS-1 in home setup.

Jul 27, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've thought about getting a Lite for work, but that pot looks horribly cheap. Anyone ever have a problem with it?

GAD

That pot is not cheap by any means. It has a very solid feel and there is no noise heard as you up or lower the volume. Justin is very picky on all the components he uses and it shows.

Congratulations on the match, the GL and Senn 650s are an ideal pairing.

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GAD,

I do a listening test on every pot before using it to test for channel matching, and usually I only keep about 20% of the pots. Also, you may find this pot in your SR-71
wink.gif

LOL - nice one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool reply as always. Thanks!

GAD

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Oritek modded Zhaolu you got there is one SWEET source.

Thanks
biggrin.gif
The OMZ is one of the very few new toys that I've been blown away by enough to know without a doubt I'd buy it again. It's such a treat...and dear god, it sounds nothing like the un-modded Zhaolu! lol.

I promised Ori an impression/review post, but I don't know if I'm articulate/experienced enough to write something of value on a source =o Maybe I'll grow a pair and do it soon
biggrin.gif

One thing to add about the HD650 + GLite combination; to my ears, this setup is very versatile and has suited every type of music I've thrown at it very well, and makes the Sennheiser a bit more suitable for rock/fast electronic music than usual. If bigger, more expensive dynalo-style amps eleborate on this further, that's probably the path I will take someday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbrickodaviso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
biggrin.gif
The OMZ is one of the very few new toys that I've been blown away by enough to know without a doubt I'd buy it again. It's such a treat...and dear god, it sounds nothing like the un-modded Zhaolu! lol.

I promised Ori an impression/review post, but I don't know if I'm articulate/experienced enough to write something of value on a source =o Maybe I'll grow a pair and do it soon
biggrin.gif

One thing to add about the HD650 + GLite combination; to my ears, this setup is very versatile and has suited every type of music I've thrown at it very well, and makes the Sennheiser a bit more suitable for rock/fast electronic music than usual. If bigger, more expensive dynalo-style amps eleborate on this further, that's probably the path I will take someday
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't worry about the "articulate" part, honest well thought out impressions are the most valuable IMHO. Give it a shot, I would welcome another opinion.
wink.gif
I would recommend you skip the "bigger, more expensive Dynalo" option and go for the Dynahi. If you are going to spend the extra moolah I think the Dynahi will give the greater increase in performance. At least that has been my experience and as always your experience may be different. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back