my se530s broke again and I need your help
Jan 21, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 91
Hmmm... just sent mine in because the left ear cable was bad, but didn't include an invoice (bought from another member here used).

Perhaps if someone does find an invoice they wouldn't mind forwarding two copies?

Thx.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #17 of 91
are you serious? my e500's havn't been working since like last november but i've been using my im716s and hd25's. i've been meaning to get them replaced but now it seems like i am too late...

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 91
no joke guys, you will see when you call shure. they will ask you to include your original proof of purchase. if you dont have it, you are out of luck. anyone who bought them from ebay or here, you better take good care of them.

still looking for an invoice, ill take an e500 or se530 invoice, I don't even care at this point. I'll just say that they were a gift and that the person bought them for me, because the name on the invoice will be different of course.

please someone help
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 91
Bump.. for good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, you saved me some $.. now I understand why someone ordered some E4c's from Amazon and swapped his old frayed pair for the new ones and returned them...
Yep.. I bought the 'damaged box' pair from Amazon Warehouse deals, and then had to return them, as I figured Shure would figure out something was wrong with a "new" invoice and and obviously well worn pair of e4's. My guess was they must have been older than 2 years based on the serial #.

Heck, if all he needed was a new reciept, he could have just bought them, and then returned the new ones unopened..
wink.gif
saved us all a lot of grief.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 91
Seriously.. do you have the paperwork from when Shure sent you the SE530 replacements? That should suffice to establish the date you recieved them from Shure.. regardless of when the original ones were purchased.

If they don't honor that.. then they are really being d**ks

Dropped my interest in e4's now due to retail price, and wire problems.
frown.gif

Guess livewires are the way to go (or FreQs)..
Either need replaceable wires, or something less $$$

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 91
Given the quality control problems with the e500s, this is truly disappointing news. I've continued to recommend Shures in spite of the issues (I'm on my fourth pair of E500s) solely because of the excellent warranty, but if this change in policy is true, I'll no longer be able to do so.

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #28 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e4s dont have wire problems....I thought the e500s and se530s do.

If you're talking about the cable getting stiff and splitting, that problem has occurred with various models in the old Shure line. It's happened to my e4g's twice, and I know it also happened to several e2 owners.

Unfortunately, there's also a chance it might happen to older stock in the new SE line -- I've read at least one account of cracked SE310 cables. IIRC, one of the Shure people here (Sugarfried?) mentioned that several models (if not all) used the same material in their cables as the E500/SE530.

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #29 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given the quality control problems with the e500s, this is truly disappointing news. I've continued to recommend Shures in spite of the issues (I'm on my fourth pair of E500s) solely because of the excellent warranty, but if this change in policy is true, I'll no longer be able to do so.

Seriously?! I thought Shure said they altered/improved the chemical make-up of the cables to be more durable/sweat-proof/whatever...
confused.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #30 of 91
Same problem here. The right cable of my e500 snapped. I thought it was just the stubborn hong kong branch who needed the invoice. I've been planning to call shure USA but hearing this has made me sick in the gut.

It is very disappointing that they do not fulfill the warranty of their $500 earphones without an official invoice even if they know they're less than 2 years old - especially for a problem that they know has plagued an unacceptable number of units. Shouldn't they have even made a recall?

Do we have a lawyer in the house? What course of action should people like myself take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back