my se530s broke again and I need your help
Jan 22, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #31 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously?! I thought Shure said they altered/improved the chemical make-up of the cables to be more durable/sweat-proof/whatever...
confused.gif

When I had to have mine replaced in July, they replaced the defective pair with the date code of 2626 with another pair with the very same date code. Not surprisingly, that pair also failed a few months later. They replaced that with a pair manufactured more recently. That was in October, and that pair is still OK, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The cable seems to have stiffened somewhat, but it hasn't failed.

When I bought the e500 originally, I bought it from another Head-Fier, knowing that Shure's warranty would cover me if there were any issues. If not for that warranty, I would never have bought it in the first place.

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I bought the e500 originally, I bought it from another Head-Fier, knowing that Shure's warranty would cover me if there were any issues. If not for that warranty, I would never have bought it in the first place.

I think this applies for countless others as well. Additionally, a large number of retail shure customers would probably not have bought the phones if there wasn't a strong second hand market.

Where are the shure reps??

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #33 of 91
I've never seen so many complaints about the SE530 here in these forums--never saw a case this bad--For the record, I only had one broken nozzle incident with the E500 from using "Black Foam Sleeves"--that's because I neglected to clean the earphones. Personally I would use those Supersoft Flexisleeves to alleviate the problem.

Clean the earphones and the wires after use, or probably at least once a month.

I use the Black Foam Sleeves, but I'm scared of using them because they have a tendency to break the nozzle open.

The materials used on the Shure E500 isn't first class. I'm hoping that the SE530's materials would alleviate those problems but those problems may still be there...

I don't know how could the tweeter armature could possibly break?!? I thought that the woofers were more at risk because they have to move air for lower frequencies...

Has anyone experienced that the earphones were externally OK but the armatures broke arising from the use of the E500/SE530?

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #34 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by vesther /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen so many complaints about the SE530 here in these forums--never saw a case this bad--For the record, I only had one broken nozzle incident with the E500 from using "Black Foam Sleeves"--that's because I neglected to clean the earphones. Personally I would use those Supersoft Flexisleeves to alleviate the problem.

Clean the earphones and the wires after use, or probably at least once a month.

I use the Black Foam Sleeves, but I'm scared of using them because they have a tendency to break the nozzle open.

The materials used on the Shure E500 isn't first class. I'm hoping that the SE530's materials would alleviate those problems but those problems may still be there...

I don't know how could the tweeter armature could possibly break?!? I thought that the woofers were more at risk because they have to move air for lower frequencies...

Has anyone experienced that the earphones were externally OK but the armatures broke arising from the use of the E500/SE530?

It could very well also be the filters placed just inside the nozzle. that affects the sound quite a bit. but I am not an engineer nor do I have the tools to fix them. shure should be honoring their warranty, this is a pair of 500 dollar earphones that costs them 35 dollars to make. Yes I know there is R&D to pay, but that money comes from retail sales, warranty replacements aren't a big hit for the company. But apparently they don't care about keeping us happy anymore.

Jan 22, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #35 of 91
why is everybody talking about the cable, the cable is not the issue the OP has, he states the tweeters in each earphone is damaged, at the same time, you say its not your source but theres clearly something that has gone wrong outside the earphones because they both wouldnt just go for fun.

the only thing that could have done that is a really bad signal at serious volumes which may blow the drivers or the cables disconnecting from the drivers which is unlikely to happen to both at the same time, its a shame about the warranty change, its rare to get an invoice/receit when buying offline.

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is everybody talking about the cable, the cable is not the issue the OP has

Because this thread is about Shure's warranty policy, which directly affects the many e500 owners who have cable issues.

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #37 of 91
who are you to say every problem people has with their e500 is the cable, it has been proven to be a small percentage, im sure with enough study you may find there are other issues more relevant than the cable. and like you said its a thread discussing shures warranty policy so why yet ANOTHER discussion swaying to be about the cable again

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #38 of 91
Quote:

who are you to say every problem people has with their e500 is the cable,

I did not say that. Re-read my post.

Quote:

it has been proven to be a small percentage, im sure with enough study you may find there are other issues more relevant than the cable.

Let me try to explain this again using very small words that you can understand.

My cable failed. Three times. I do not need further study to find "issues more relevant than the cable." The change in warranty policy directly affects me because of the cable issue.

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #39 of 91
If I were you I would inform Shure of the date they provided the last replacement and then point out that I had thrown the original receipt away when the replacements arrived. Surely you received some sort of correspondence from them at that time?

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #40 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not say that. Re-read my post.

Let me try to explain this again using very small words that you can understand.

My cable failed. Three times. I do not need further study to find "issues more relevant than the cable." The change in warranty policy directly affects me because of the cable issue.

yes exactly your cable. i rest my case, you should speak for yourself and not on behalf of everybody else, i simply was stating that there has been 2 recent e500 cable threads and we should avoid making this boring number 3. if you didnt notice, the first mention of the cable turned the thread into a ''oh my the warranty means we all are going to have to avoid the e500 because of the cable'' << this is what i wanted to point out we should avoid, because as i said we have had 2 recent threads about just that thing when we all know that the problem has been rectified

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #41 of 91
im just soo glad that i like my triple fis better, theyve got a 2 year warrenty and i bought my se530PTHs from ebay, so theyll be going back there!

ive seen more and more se530s in the fs forum section

Jan 22, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #42 of 91
Unless you have the original receipt that proves you bought them from an authorized shure dealer, no dice.

I have talked to Shure all day yesterday, and they specifically put this policy in place so that people don't buy fakes on ebay and try to get genuine ones from Shure through RMA. I think its silly cause who better than shure would know how to recognize fakes, but thats the policy and if you send your IEMs for RMA without a photocopy of the receipt, it will just be returned to you.

The guy ended the conversation with wishing me good luck, and I'm thinking, yea thanks *********. You are refusing to replace IEMs that you sent yourself to me as a replacement, and they were BNIB when I received them 2 months ago, so they are definetely within the 2 year warranty.

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #43 of 91
Are you dealing with Shure USA or SF Marketing in Canada?

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

yes exactly your cable. i rest my case, you should speak for yourself and not on behalf of everybody else, i simply was stating that there has been 2 recent e500 cable threads and we should avoid making this boring number 3. if you didnt notice, the first mention of the cable turned the thread into a ''oh my the warranty means we all are going to have to avoid the e500 because of the cable'' << this is what i wanted to point out we should avoid, because as i said we have had 2 recent threads about just that thing when we all know that the problem has been rectified

I am not attempting to speak "on behalf of everybody else." Moreover, note that my original post in this thread didn't even mention the cable issue, but merely remarked on why the change in warranty policy is a concern for me.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to respond to your semi-literate gibberish and uncontrolled fanboyism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back