my se530s broke again and I need your help
Jan 19, 2008 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

JAG87

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all fellow head-fiers. you may recall that my thread about the e500s with the broken nozzle. thats always fun isn't it.

well shure replaced them with se530s, and now they broke again. great. so I call shure, and now they have this new policy as of Dec 21 2007 that they wont replace them unless I show them an invoice. the date code on the plug is no longer a viable solution for warranty. I originally bought my e500s from a head-fier so I have no receipt.

I am looking for a good soul that will either photocopy and mail me their E500 PTH invoice, or make a very good scan and email it to me. You will forever have my gratitude and 20 bucks extra in your paypal account. I promise.

Feel free to send me a PM if you can help me.

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all fellow head-fiers. you may recall that my thread about the e500s with the broken nozzle. thats always fun isn't it.

well shure replaced them with se530s, and now they broke again. great. so I call shure, and now they have this new policy as of Dec 21 2007 that they wont replace them unless I show them an invoice. the date code on the plug is no longer a viable solution for warranty. I originally bought my e500s from a head-fier so I have no receipt.

I am looking for a good soul that will either photocopy and mail me their E500 PTH invoice, or make a very good scan and email it to me. You will forever have my gratitude and 20 bucks extra in your paypal account. I promise.

Feel free to send me a PM if you can help me.

id love to know how you manage to break the nozzle twice!! i mean i know the tips fit on like super glue but it dont take a rocket scientist to remove them without busting them lol
biggrin.gif
anyway what is this invoice you talk of?? im sure you get that off thier site

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 91
its not the nozzle this time. the tweeter driver broke, all i hear is bass and mids, and the left one rattles too. and the weird thing is that its broken in both not just one, and I would really like to know what are the chances that the same driver blows out in both of them. and no, its not my source, if thats what you are thinking, already tested.

by invoice I mean an invoice of a retail place where you bought them. I need an invoice for e500s. If any e500 owner has one, I will make you 20 dollars richer.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 91
Damn, man, that's terrible to hear. I'd give you mine in an instant for nothing, but I just ordered mine from an eBay seller...

Good luck, my friend.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 91
They should accept the Paypal invoice/receipt as proof of purchase. A friend bought my E500 and when they broke (infamous cable problem), I gave him my Paypal receipt and Shure replaced them for free.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 91
I'm wasn't lying. A representative for Shure posted awhile back saying warranty repairs wouldn't be a problem even if you purchased them from eBay. I've purchased two pairs of E500 from eBay and the one time they broke, I gave them the Paypal receipt and they accepted it. Has your experience been different? Maybe they've changed their practices...

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wasn't lying. A representative for Shure posted awhile back saying warranty repairs wouldn't be a problem even if you purchased them from eBay. I've purchased two pairs of E500 from eBay and the one time they broke, I gave them the Paypal receipt and they accepted it. Has your experience been different? Maybe they've changed their practices...

The OP said they did. The new policy was started in Dec 2007.

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #13 of 91
When I was talking to a guy at Shure last year, he told me this policy change was coming. They are honoring the warranty if the headphones were purchased from an authorized reseller.

My e4s lasted almost a year before needing to be replaced for a "Bent armature" they said. A slight buzzing at certain frequencies in phone ear phone.

They replaced my e4s without any hassle but this policy was the deciding factor for me.

$300 for a pair of e500/e530s that might last a year (might last more) and no warranty or $300 for a pair of livewires (inc impressions, etc).

I went with the livewires. I'm not arguing the sound of one phone against the other. I'm just saying that my wife wouldn't be very happy of dropping another $300 for phones in a year if the shures broke.

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #14 of 91
Great. Now I've got the heebie jeebies. Just sen mine in for repair maybe a week ago and definitely didn't provide an invoice, just a cover letter. Crossin' my fingers. JAG, any chance you'd be willing to make that a group buy?
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 91
Yikes! This is an unsettling development. I guess I'd better start taking really good care of my E2c from now on.

Although...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back