My SE530 arrived today, but regreted buying it
Aug 8, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #31 of 44
To the OP: If what you say is the truth, then you have a broken pair of e500's. Try another pair.

When I was first getting into in-ear headphones, I first tried the Etymotic ER-4S with 2 amps (1 tube one SS) and I found them to be hideous sounding, for the reasons you describe the Shures. Literally no low bass, extremely weak mid bass, bright and tinny as hell.

The Shure e5c solved all these problems, and the e500s have the strengths of the e5c's, and bring the level of refinement up another level.

With all that being said - Why did you buy the Shures when you were happy with another product? Before replacing something, you have to identify the weaknesses of your current product. What was the weakness of your previous IEM that you were trying to solve with the Shures?

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #32 of 44
the shure se530 are amazing,and there is plenty of bass,there is clearly an issue with fit or your ears,no disrespect but in my opinion the shures sound flatter and overall clearer than the triple fi 10,but if your final opinion is that they arent for you then they simply arent,it is all subjective with earphones anyway!

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by noypi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um.. just want to hear from you guys.. coz i have a xin super micro 4.. and been planning to buy the TF 10 Pro.. but having read that it doesnt synergize with the sm4 is a big turn off for me.. does the e-500 synergize with the super micro 4.??
biggrin.gif

It synergizes well with my Xin Supermini III, so it probably does.

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #34 of 44
i d trade my xin super mini 4 for a tf 10 pro!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
) just jokin. but i did wait a really long time for this baby so i dont think i ll let go of them.. hahahha!! how does the sound of the e-500 change when with or without the xin.?? can you do a comparison.??
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #35 of 44
I sent my shure 5oo back also. If I had placed mine any more tightly in my ear the two buds would have touched each other in my mid brain and still I was not overly impressed with the bass. Which made me think that mine may have been defective or I am not a Shure fan....I like my Ultimate Ears....No disrespect to others' views which I believe are logical and they are obviously pleased with their se 5oo. Best of listening to those, but for me, the iem (500) didn't do the trick!

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #36 of 44
I have the triple.fi 10 and they are great headphones, but alot of people say that the Shure's have more bass, Are you sure that they are inserted deep enough?

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #37 of 44
To the OP, E500s are the complete opposite of what you stated. I would say they are very bassy, and are quite nice on the highs.

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by chukwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha All,

This is my story so far.

I have an ER4P which I used for 18 months and enjoyed it so much. Around March this year, I yearn for an upgrade and started visiting Head-Fi.

I read about Triple-Fi 10Pro which caught my interest and read about "Spyro" & "IpodPj" discussions and experiences which influence me to purchase a Triple.Fi 10Pro. Great Sound, anyway I don't really know how describe SQ(novice).

Then I continue reading threads on Head-Fi and it seems that everyone has moved to SE530/E500. 90% of Headfiers prefer E500 to Triple.Fi. Even "Spyro" exchanged his Triple.Fi for E500. I felt bad & I couldn't return my Triple.Fi b/c I live in UK & bought from US. After months of delibration I decided to go for the SE530

When it arrived this morning, I was a bit excited, but when I tried it I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I sound was so sharp, no bass, no soundstage, no thing really. I thought may be something is wrong with my 1st gen Nano Rockbox (Flac). Then I tried my Triple.Fi then SE530. The Sound from my Triple.Fi is much better than SE530. May be I wrong, but this is my opinion.

IMHO Triple.Fi is far far better than SE530. No Conparision. Sending back my SE530 tomorrow.

Any opinion, advice will be appreciated.

Chukwe

That's what I exactly found too, triple.fi sounded way better than E500. E500 is indeed very harsh, and sharp sounding. To my ears triple.fi is one of the best IEM up to date, apart from ER-4 which I love a lot too.

Something I learned, more expensive, newer IEM doesn't mean better. It's best to have a listen first to the sound signature. Sound signature is very important.

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn , you paid the full msrp price for them?
basshead.gif

the E500 are selling right now for 279$ and normally went for around 330$

Where are you guys finding these for $270 (or $330 for that matter)? Am I confused?

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Sarvis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you guys finding these for $270 (or $330 for that matter)? Am I confused?

im in the uk and got mine for £250 off amazon.co.uk which i believe is about $470 which i consider good going,i also am interested to see where these guys got them sooooo cheap,i am going on about the se530 bear in mind i think kuden is talking about uk pricing because they go over here £330 brand new which works out to $630 i think,i could be going wrong somewhere correct me if my phone converter is lying to me i think the origional poster is doing something wrong with his se530 or has a defective pair cuz as im sure many would agree the bass is powerful and warm and in my opinion and others warmer than the triple fi 10's,even when comparing the frequency responses,the shures are still warmer to the ear and the highs are a little rolled off,which to me makes the perfect sound,not too harsh,the poster to me can only have trouble with them or a defective pair,does anybody agree

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im in the uk and got mine for £250 off amazon.co.uk which i believe is about $470 which i consider good going,i also am interested to see where these guys got them sooooo cheap,i am going on about the se530 bear in mind

I think the confusion comes from the old E500 being available on Ebay for $279 US, while the new SE530 retails for $449. What are the differences between the two?

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #42 of 44
Stuff is just more expensive in EU.
There is no physical difference between the 2 models themselves, just a renaming and some minor difference in accessoires.

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Sarvis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the confusion comes from the old E500 being available on Ebay for $279 US, while the new SE530 retails for $449. What are the differences between the two?

well i find this issue bizzare myself because yes the newer model is cheaper and shure claims there is no sound differences,i can confirm this,but what confuses me is the new se's have improved foam tips which make such a great isolation and sound difference,not to mention improved comfort and there is a choice as to wether to purchase the pth or not thats all really,the se530 are improved,yet cheaper

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP, E500s are the complete opposite of what you stated. I would say they are very bassy, and are quite nice on the highs.

I agree as well that they are bassy and have nice highs to boot
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back