My Schiit magni/modi volume drops on videos only and I don't know why.
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chives

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but anyways, I purchased the Schiit magni/modi combo a few months ago but only recently I have been experiencing some problems. 

Like the title says I have been experiencing some dramatic volume drops, but only while watching videos.  The volume is fine when I listen to music on itunes or when I play games.  I'm not sure what the problem is. 

I have tried using different usb cables, using different usb ports on my computer, and even using different rca cables other than the ones I bought from schiit.  I have tried to install the drivers and have checked all of the sound options in my control panel but to no avail nothing seems to work.  This is a very annoying problem and I was wondering if you guys could give me some possible solutions.

I am fairly sure the problem is more on my end rather than the schiit products being the cause.  Also the headphones I'm using are Sennheiser hd 598's.  Thanks in advanced!

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
A couple things to look into:

1.)  Try turning off the power management on your USB HUB devices

2.)  It could be that your CPU / RAM is quite busy when watching videos.  How much RAM do you have and what CPU are you using?

Does the volume drop out and return?

Does the volume simply drop out altogether when watching movies?

Here is one possible solution:

"Try the following, it should fix the issue;
Open up Quicktime (if you cant find a .mov or .mpeg video file go to Program Files, Quicktime, QuickTimePlayer) go to Edit, Preferences>Quicktime Preferences and go to the audio tab, be sure to set everything as follows:
Rate: 192kHz
Size: 24bit
Channels:Set to be equal to the speaker setup you have Apply and then OK and close Quicktime and iTunes and then start up iTunes.

Regards,"

Anirban Mazumdar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back