-- My s-Jays review w/pics --
Mar 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #47 of 64
I thought it could be a bit shorter for shirt pocket, but it is okay. The overall length with the extension cord is good, at least far more sensible than my CX 95.

I do find the cord to be a little stiff. I prefer it to be softer, TBH. Hopefully they will loosen with use.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kRze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone be able to compare the s-jays to the C551? I was looking to get a pair of C551 because I hear the bass is great on them, but seeing how the s-jays are about the same price range, I would like to know how they compare to the C551. Thanks.

I have the C551, s-JAYS and CX 95 all within the same price range. So far, with my limited comparison:

Quantity: CX 95 > C551 > s-JAYS
Impact: CX 95 > C551 > s-JAYS
Quality: CX 95 > s-JAYS > C551

C551 is warmer. The s-JAYS vocals are the most forward among the three. Bass is tighter too, where as the CX 95 has a larger soundstage.

Of course this may change as I spend more time with the s-JAYS and comparing more tracks with the other headphones.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #52 of 64
Got turned down too.
frown.gif

But no problems.

Thanks Peter for giving us this opportunity!
smily_headphones1.gif

Leon

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #53 of 64
I just got my d-Jays in the mail, first impressions are... these are very, very good.

So good, in fact, that I am considering selling my Custom 3's and replacing with these.. (maybe).

I got my battery all juiced up on my iAudio 7 and am going to let these play until tomorrow at a moderate volume just to get some "burn in" time, whether they need it or not. If you are considering purchasing the d-Jays, or are a fan of my reviews, stay tuned!

Lots of a/b/c/a/b/c/a/b/c/.... testing between s-Jays, d-Jays, and Klipsch for good measure.

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #54 of 64
I will.
I got the s-Jays a couple of days before as well.
I'm still sitting on the review though as I want to try it with a proper DAP and want to compare with cx95 too.
right now: clip+fiio5+s-Jays-> not good.
ipod classic+fiio5+s-Jays-> worse.
maybe it's just me, expecting too much.

Apr 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #56 of 64
Hmm, I'm experiencing something strange with my pair:

When I insert them, the highs are almost gone, very far away. Until I push the end of the unit up and there it is! The highs. Could this have something to do with clogged filters or is my pair defective?

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #59 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I'm experiencing something strange with my pair:

When I insert them, the highs are almost gone, very far away. Until I push the end of the unit up and there it is! The highs. Could this have something to do with clogged filters or is my pair defective?

If it is the filter than I would imagine changing position won't really change anything. I think it is the fit.

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #60 of 64
I own a pair of Q-jays as well as the e3c's. While the Q-jays sound absolutely incredible when the filter is clean and everything is working properly, the whole thing is so small and tiny and attracts wax at an incredible rate because the filter tip is so close to the end of the foam tips. While the e3c's can go weeks between cleaning and still maintain great sound, I often find myself needing to clean the q-jays between uses.

I've been going through filters so quickly that I've stopped using the q-jays and moved back to my old shures. So I'm curious if your impressions of the other jays canalphones will be similar to mine, once you use them for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back