My ribs "finished"....
Jul 24, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Camera used was kinda ghetto, so I made the best of it, lol.

Finally able to post up pics of it "finished". Unsure if I'm done and/or want more around it. We went this route cause we didn't want to quite kill it with blue without being sure yet... but in person, the colors POP, even considering my skin tone/color (since colors don't pop as much on non-white people).

Mucha_done.jpg

In the meantime while I decide, here's what's going on the other ribs:

mucha_joan.jpg

Our schedules conflict, so hopefully it gets done within the next week or so...I'm anxious.

Whacha think?

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 25
Thats pretty sick man, I remember seeing it in the outline form, the color really took it to another level.

The next planned one is looking like it will be amazing as well, very interesting subject matter. Keep us posted on that one.

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 25
Looks great Nate, glad to see you finally trimmed that nappy-ass nipple hair. The tat looks really good too. My ONLY criticism about it is, the girl seems to have really big feet. If it's a fetish thing, I understand completely.

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 25
Hmmm... What's more disturbing? Let's see? That 4 gauge nipple stubble or her thalidomide deformed feet?

Edit:

Dammit, Mr. Dead, get out of my head.

Edit Numero Two:

I know, I know, I got it! You cowboys every see those Black Hole shows on PBS or Discovery?

You know how "they" theorize about spagettification beyond the event horizon in a black hole? Her feet look like they just past through. We're losing her, people!

Nate, your next ink needs to be a Black Hole on your ass.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 25
She's actually slightly elongated the closer you get to my hip because I had to stretch to take the picture without my arm being in the picture, but that's the most noticeable part. When I'm just sitting there and can just lift up my arm to an L, everything is in proportion.

Total time, somewhere about 9 hours. Mainly because of it's size and line work...the next piece should take about 12-15 hours because it has even more detail.

Thanks for the compliments guys...mucho appreciated. Can't wait to get the next piece done. Tattoo number 4!!!! I think after the next piece is done on my ribs, I'll move on to either my back, or finally get something done on my arms, lol.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 25
i really like the bottom one

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 25
Nice! Reminds me of the work by Alphonse Mucha of the Art Nouveau movement. Especially that second one. One of my favorite artists. Does amazing line work.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice! Reminds me of the work by Alphonse Mucha of the Art Nouveau movement. Especially that second one. One of my favorite artists. Does amazing line work.

Both pieces are Mucha pieces, actually.

As for where the other piece is going, it's going on my other ribs. It's about the same height, but not as wide (obviously). Which is good, cause all the painful parts (to me atleast, everybody is different), were on the stomach and on the back.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for where the other piece is going, it's going on my other ribs. It's about the same height, but not as wide (obviously). Which is good, cause all the painful parts (to me atleast, everybody is different), were on the stomach and on the back.

Guess I shoulda figured that out(since they're both about the same size and shape).

Good luck with that next one and the 12 to 15 hours. Can't wait to see it finished.

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see now. The first "Dance" piece is flipped and the lines are a little jagged on the hair. Still came out well. That second piece would look great with no color. Just the lines since you mentioned that the colors don't quite work so well with your skin tone.

BTW, Mucha's "Summer" piece is flawless. If I had to choose, it would be that or "Job" with that girls hair and smoke.

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #15 of 25
The finished tattoo looks both really cool and painful... do you hvae a high pain tolerance by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back