My review of the Hisoundaudio ROCOO-A
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by rymd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any pictures of this thing's OLED screen in use? does it seriously only have 2 lines of text?

The attachment picture has shown clearly that it's OLED has 3 lines display. So I don't think it is a problem. For the texts are showing very good in the picture.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #17 of 148
There are three lines of text on the now playing screen, but there are only two lines of text showing in folder mode, the clip has three, I never have had any problems finding songs on any of them.

I am no electronics engineer, but from comparing to the D2 and Clip, I would conclude that there is "no", or very little, bass roll-off, at least to my ears.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #19 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are three lines of text on the now playing screen, but there are only two lines of text showing in folder mode, the clip has three, I never have had any problems finding songs on any of them.

I am no electronics engineer, but from comparing to the D2 and Clip, I would conclude that there is "no", or very little, bass roll-off, at least to my ears.

Well, the D2 has bad bass roll off and the Clip has none with dynamic earphones, so comparing to both of them is a bit of a quandary. Would be great if this fixed a lot of the problems of the original AMP3, but we will see.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #20 of 148
This is why I compared to them both, since I find the Clip to have no, or very minimal roll-off, and to my ears the ROCOO is in the same league, only with more detail.

I'd say the Clip sounds dynamic, while the ROCOO sounds like a multiple BA setup, in an IEM kinda way, if that makes sense? Both sound very good, just different, and I prefer the better detail and airier presentation of the ROCOO.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #21 of 148
Wow, that is an interesting, but poetic explanation - music to my ears? I assume I'll find someone who will sell or lend me one eventually so I can find out for sure. But it's easy to test for roll off: hook up earphones in parallel to the output and then have the device play a 40hz squarewave (which you can generate yourself) or run RMAA.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 148
The Max9722 amp in the Cube C30 is described here (also with a downloadable datasheet in painful detail):

The Cube and the Rocoo are the same basic player. Until someone does a side-by-side teardown, I'm going to believe they are the same hardware-wise as well. BBE is software-based, so easy to remove when ordering from your OEM.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #26 of 148
Well Jack of HiSound said that hiss has been resolved, so when a fair headfier (you know who you are) loans me the Rocoo, I can confirm that. I really, really am looking for ward to it. If HiSound fix the AMP3's major drawbacks, the new players will be so welcome and so damn good - you heard it here.

Still, I think they should think about Rockbox - format support, gapless, replaygain - all features which help music sound the way it was meant to sound and as it was recorded, but I'd be very happy with a parametric EQ - very happy.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #27 of 148
Been emailing Jack Fu of HiSound - a nice chap who really really wants to improve the HiSound - who said "We will consider your suggestion of ROCKBOX compatible matters". I don't know what if anything that will mean, but I know that if HiSound do it, it will open the player to an already eager user base and allow for REAL music playback.

I can only imagine. If so and if HiSound really did get rid of hiss, their players could come highly recommended. Of course, as portable players, the issues of driving portable earphones (not 'oh my they sound nice') should be resolved, but this is GOOD news.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #28 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been emailing Jack Fu of HiSound - a nice chap who really really wants to improve the HiSound - who said "We will consider your suggestion of ROCKBOX compatible matters". I don't know what if anything that will mean, but I know that if HiSound do it, it will open the player to an already eager user base and allow for REAL music playback.

I can only imagine. If so and if HiSound really did get rid of hiss, their players could come highly recommended. Of course, as portable players, the issues of driving portable earphones (not 'oh my they sound nice') should be resolved, but this is GOOD news.

great job on recommending rockbox. Lets all hope for the best.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #29 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comparison with the Fuze? Not like I need more gear to tempt me.

There wouldn't be a Line Out , so no point comparing to the Fuze.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #30 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great job shigzeo, as always, glad you got that info through to them. Now, lets see if it helps us out, as I'd order at least 1 myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back