My review of the chrome cr-48, the google chrome laptop
Dec 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 26
I was just thinking viewing angles, run some 3d mark vantage, some other benchmarking software.  Can you OC it using setFSB or another OC tool, run HD prime if possible,things like that.  I saw you said you were going to be doing some benchmarks but those are my suggestions.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 26
I think I saw that it supports 3G. Have you tried it on 3G? Which carriers are supported and how much does it cost?

3G coverage was one of the biggest reasons I bought an iPad. I wonder if this or one like it might be a good competitor.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
erm, it's not a pc. It's chrome os, It can't run anything but the chrome browser, or rather, it is the chrome browser. I was going to do page rendering benchmark

PC stands for personal computer. This is a computer for personal use. It's a PC.

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
erm, it's not a pc. It's chrome os, It can't run anything but the chrome browser, or rather, it is the chrome browser. I was going to do page rendering benchmark

PC stands for personal computer. This is a computer for personal use. It's a PC.

Indeed. Home Windows computers, Linux machines, Macs, and the Chromium notebook are all PCs. Even my Android phone is a PC.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 26
I used PC in the original IBM PC compatible meaning, also referred to as Clones.

Yes you can't install windows, I don't see how that's even a surprise, if you read any part of the review.

3g is locked to verizon, I can't forecast what they will offer in the future. It's fairly fast, I've been enjoying it in coffeeshops that do not have free wi-fi. 100mb per month is free for two years, then it's 20 for a gig, and 10 for each gig afterwards. Alternatively you can get an unlimited day for 10.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
I think I saw that it supports 3G. Have you tried it on 3G? Which carriers are supported and how much does it cost?

3G coverage was one of the biggest reasons I bought an iPad. I wonder if this or one like it might be a good competitor.

Comes with 100 mb a month on verizon free for 2 years, they also have a bunch of discounted PAYG packages (10 usd for a day, and another monthly one IIRC). You can also pop in a simcard - so any US phone company that supports GSM based systems ought to work. You cannot buy a Cr48 - you have to apply to be a beta tester, and hope

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
Quote:

Comes with 100 mb a month on verizon free for 2 years, they also have a bunch of discounted PAYG packages (10 usd for a day, and another monthly one IIRC). You can also pop in a simcard - so any US phone company that supports GSM based systems ought to work. You cannot buy a Cr48 - you have to apply to be a beta tester, and hope

I want to do this to how do you apply as a beta tester?
google searching has failed me in this endeavor

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I want to do this to how do you apply as a beta tester?
google searching has failed me in this endeavor

http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back