MY PORTAPROS ARRIVED!!!
Dec 4, 2002 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
woohooo!!! first of all i really have to thank appar111 for sending me these at such a great price all the way to the UK.... new and unopened he let me have em for a little over $20 after postage costs! and what a $20 well spent! all i can say is WOW!.. never had i thought that i could get such a sound from my portable minidisc!.. i have a coupl of aftermarket portable phones that i have bought over the years.. and i allways assumed that ..well.. portable music was portable music,, and to much shouldent be expected from it.... i accepted the non existant bass.. the distant midrange and far to bright peaks as par for the course.. and just assumed that this was as portable minidisc was limited to offer.. but as soon as i plugged in the portas i was completly stunned ! everything came to life as never b4!.. deep deep bass but also controlled.. sweet highs and a clear midrange that sounded just perfect...
im aware there is probably far better portable systems out there with the use of other headphones and amps and the like,, but for me my main rig is my home setup.. with my sen 580`s.. and have never really took portable seriously, but if , like me, u cant afford much on portable kit after spendin all u cash on u home setup.... these could make a world of differnce to some ppl :0).. in my case so much so i just had to tell someone about it! hehehe...
looks like my minidisc players about to come out of retirement again.... never did i think it could sound so good.... and to think i paid more for my last set of portable sonys cans then i did for these portapros.. the difference is truly unbelievable!

well.. thats my 2 pence :0)

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Congrats, Chivalry! Have fun!

Dec 4, 2002 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the KSC-35's, and they sound terrific but are a bit 'soft' with my Sony 5 mW headphone amps on my MD units. If you're lucky enough to have older MD recorders (with more power in the headphone out), the Porta Pros must be ideal.

Dec 4, 2002 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 4
yup i got a sharp MD-MT20 with 10mw per channel, sound absolutly terrific! im well impressed :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back