My Portable Amp Series...
May 16, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #61 of 104
Matrix reloaded not bad. The bad thing is the Malaysian government cut quite a few scence.
mad.gif
Awwww... Arghhhhh...

Nevermind, watch again in Singapore this time...
biggrin.gif

Sohai, have you tried anything like lead acid battery? I may going to try them a few weeks later.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #62 of 104
Hi Jason,

Matrix not bad??!! Its avesome dude. Waited 4 years for this, and i dun think it only deserve a not bad, right?
I dun think there is anything cut off from the movie, apart from the sex scene. The rest is all out. But the dvd will be out soon so dun have to worry.

Sorry for the matrix topic...just cant help it..

May 16, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #63 of 104
hi... i haven't try lead battery yet... but i think it's too bulky and heavy to make any amp portable... y not try lithium ion? however, the charger is quite tough to design... it's on my waiting list though.....
tongue.gif
too many projects.... too little time....
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #67 of 104
hmm.... actually i don't know... but i think u can... but then u r tied to ppl mode only.... i think u should try and let me know as well... anyway, u can always change the cystal if it don't work out...
wink.gif

May 17, 2003 at 1:26 AM Post #68 of 104
Yup, bulky. I think i'll go for it as can hold lots of power. Adding the PPA design is so big, should able to make it.

Anyway, the clone PPA that I am building would be completed by today...
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #70 of 104
hi jason, can u measure the power consumption of the PPA? i would like to know so that i can decide which type of battery is suitable to use... Also, r u stacking that huge amount of buffers?????
eek.gif
That must be expensive...
tongue.gif

May 17, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #71 of 104
Nope. One buffer for each channel. The spec for my Senn HD600 requires max 80mA and each buffer max output is 250mA, should be no problem. I need to test one channel first to make sure it work...

Cost S$8.51 per buffer from RS.

Give you the results tonight.
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2003 at 7:52 AM Post #72 of 104
I like your new avartar!!!
wink.gif

Anyway, my clone PPA failed because I used 2 resistor at the power supply as virtual ground, having 1 volt changes after connect to a load.

Maybe some oscillation as the circuit is a close loop design. Will try again with a open loop design. Expect the sound goes cheap!
rolleyes.gif

May not get the results today....
cool.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back