My Portable Amp Series...
May 11, 2003 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

[so]hai(R)

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, just to show you guys my portable amp series....
biggrin.gif

2 Cmoys (one AD823 and one OPA2134) and 1 Jung's multiloop.... Meta is on it's way....
wink.gif

All incorporated onboard charger and PCB mount battery... operating time is approximately 15 hours for Cmoy and 10 hours 4 Jung's...

How many amps do i really need???
tongue.gif

May 11, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 104
hi guzzler, those r PCB mount battery... however, i'm not sure whether RS stocks them , but here is the order code from Farnell, 279353
http://uk1.farnell.com/Search/level_...44&SKUID=18329

Also the schemetic i posted is for 9V battery, so if u want to use these batteries, u need to modify a bit to suit with these battery...i.e. u may want to enable the timer function and also the Voltage Sense Input for max voltage...

Glad u like them....
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 104
These batteries use for charging I presume... I'll try this design with my upcoming PPA building...
biggrin.gif

Still looking for the required parts and maybe a lot of fine tune needed as it is not complete at Audiologica......
frown.gif

Hopefully it can be completed fast...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2003 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 104
this may sound stupid, but would it be possible to just use a 555 timer with a power transistor to provide a sort of rudimentary charging circuit?? would be excellent if you could!

g

May 11, 2003 at 3:13 PM Post #12 of 104
Sohai, you're studying abroad. How's the wheather there? We got a bit of SARS issue here...
frown.gif

May 11, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #13 of 104
Hi guzzler, i'm not sure about that but if u use 555 timer, u'll need some sort of termination method to terminate the charger, i.e. a counter.... so i think that's should be the hard way to do thing...
biggrin.gif
or another idea is 8-pins microcontroller which should be more advanced and compact...

Jason, yes... i'm currently in the University of Birmingham and the weather here is very good... compared to Winter...
biggrin.gif
Ya... i know about the SARS issue there... hope they will clear up soon... i'm going home in June... really missed home....
frown.gif

May 11, 2003 at 3:53 PM Post #14 of 104
Yup. At the mean time, enjoy your new amp!!!
biggrin.gif

It will be 12 midnight soon, and ZZZzzzzzzz......
Good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back