My Newest addition to my collection: Pioneer SE-l40
Mar 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

deviusdragger

100+ Head-Fier
Well after some searching, to my surprise these all of a sudden poped up locally on craigslist!!!!! Little background on them, they use to belong to a dentist, but then he passed away and left them to the daughter, daughter then just stored them for about 20 years till she finally decided to sell them. Picked them up for 75 bucks!!!!!! Heres the pics, damn do these look sexy!!! Sound is ok, not as bad as i thought after reading reviews on them!

And this is them taking their place amongs his brothers and sisters! :)

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 6
I willing to say that its one of the sexist and sweet looking headphones ever made!

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Man those look sweet.  I love old vintage headphones, even though some of them don't sound the greatest.

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 6
^^Right with you. I for example think the hd800 is such an ugly looking headphone!!!! Sounds great, but looks horrible.

May 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 6
I just bought a pair on ebay for 70 bucks! Not bad. Cant wait to try them out. Oh and i hear on other websites that if you plug these into a vintage receiver, they really come alive. I also heard if you remove the transistors inside it improves sound quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back