My new Zana Deux + pictures
Nov 5, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1900 which includes the rectifiers...ite. I could be very tempted by one of these.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does Eddie current supply the gain tube and the 2 x 6c33s? How much do they cost? Is there a choice of tubes for different sounds? I can't see where this is explained on the EC Web site.

They are an additional cost (on top of the $1900 + shipping). I do believe Craig can sell you some if you really insist on going through him though. As far as different tubes for different sounds, yes there are some.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

They are an additional cost (on top of the $1900 + shipping). I do believe Craig can sell you some if you really insist on going through him though. As far as different tubes for different sounds, yes there are some.

Ouch. Thou that amp looks so awesome, i don't think working part time at pizza hut and studying full time will get me anywhere near there at the moment. Lol. How are the internals? Well built?

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I've never seen a discussion of tube-rolling with this amp.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #20 of 34
DennyL;3413402 said:
So does Eddie current supply the gain tube and the 2 x 6c33s? How much do they cost? Is there a choice of tubes for different sounds? I can't see where this is explained on the EC Web site. I could be very tempted by one of these.

HI Dennyl

I live in the UK and i have just ordered a zana
280smile.gif
Craig is a good man to deal with just contact him via web site details and you will be ok,

Mine is being delivered Mid December i hope

regards

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having owned the ZD, I would definitely give it more room to breath.

Hi

May i ask what you changed to and why?

regards

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioelec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

May i ask what you changed to and why?

regards

I hope you don't mind, I fixed your quote.

I used to have a ZD and First Watt F1. I used the ZD for headphones and as a preamp for the F1 to drive high efficiency speaker and the K1000. The F1 is a ss amp that gets as hot as the ZD. The heat was not a big issue until I moved my gear to a very small room. The head was a big issue in that room so I moved to a Woo Audio WA5, which is a tube amp, but doesn't get close to as hot as the ZD/F1. The WA5 became a better fit for me.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #24 of 34
Congratulations on your new purchase!

I understand that the Zana Deux is considered to be among (if not THE) premier tubed headphone amp. In any case those are some huge tubes in front!

Thanks also for the comparison to the Opera amp!

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #25 of 34
Thank you all.
About heat... during continuous burn-in I was cautious but the shelf has normal temperature, no smell or flames
rolleyes.gif

You can roll 6SL7 for sonic changes, you can find expert posts from granodemostasa and ironbut.

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you don't mind, I fixed your quote.

I used to have a ZD and First Watt F1. I used the ZD for headphones and as a preamp for the F1 to drive high efficiency speaker and the K1000. The F1 is a ss amp that gets as hot as the ZD. The heat was not a big issue until I moved my gear to a very small room. The head was a big issue in that room so I moved to a Woo Audio WA5, which is a tube amp, but doesn't get close to as hot as the ZD/F1. The WA5 became a better fit for me.

Soundwise?

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

I remember that av from a Singlepower MPX3 thread and that you're one of the go-to experts with tube head amps. I have an MPX3 SLAM SE. Sound differences expected/experienced between that and the ZD? Anyone else?

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #29 of 34
Audioelec - if there is another UK meet, PLEASE bring your ZD along so we UK headfiers can play with it...
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #30 of 34
Audioelec;3413604 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does Eddie current supply the gain tube and the 2 x 6c33s? How much do they cost? Is there a choice of tubes for different sounds? I can't see where this is explained on the EC Web site. I could be very tempted by one of these.

HI Dennyl

I live in the UK and i have just ordered a zana
280smile.gif
Craig is a good man to deal with just contact him via web site details and you will be ok,

Mine is being delivered Mid December i hope

regards

Thank your for your advice, Audiolec. I wish you all good things for your purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back