My New Sleek SA6 Customs ** Pictures **
Feb 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
I am very pleased my Customs arrived. Out of the box they sound very nice. I guess that always means different than the last flavor I tried.

All in a great experience. Some minor fit issues, but for the most part seem to be working themselves out. I guess "Sally Hanson" products can be a Customs best friend.

Only thing I don't like about using the nail polish to tighten the seal is how they never have that unmarred, unblemished look of new. I'm a real stickler for keeping things as close to new as possible.

Here are some pictures. Apologies in advance for lack of photographic skills.

p1000477bzj0.jpg

p1000476brs1.jpg

p1000475bqz3.jpg

p1000469baz5.jpg

o2smile.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, as happy as i am that you got your sleeks, it would have been nice to have photos that fit within an 800*600 window. they are too big.

my sleeks are probably more than a month away as my custom moulds went out today. i am excited

On 2nd thought I just noticed if one is a contributor and they put the ads on the right, the pictures are just right and you can't see the ads. WIN! WIN!

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

it is not photographic skills, just too lazy to resize them? if you are in windows, right clik on them or when saving, choose a different size. in linux basically the same.

I am not in Windows, I'm in Mac and I don't know how to do it.

I guess some people know everything. You don't know me. I'm 58 own my own company and do not know the meaning of lazy.

Get a life.
angry_face.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 18
for a mac, open the photos in preview and then go to tools and choose resize. i use lazy in a very loose manner which was not an attack. i appreciate your photos but they are just too big.

someone else might comment as well, but maybe not. there is a thread also called 'calling all customs' which you can post these pictures as people love to see other's customs.

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 18
Congrats on the new toy. SA6 Custom would be my choice of custom as well, if i even went down to that path
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the new toy. SA6 Custom would be my choice of custom as well, if i even went down to that path
biggrin.gif

I am quite please with my early impressions. Much different than my SA6s were. I assume it's all about the isolation. They claim to be able to alter sound in the customs. I When asked what I would like them to sound like, I said low bass was not nearly important to me as fast, with impact and dynamic bass. (it's not how low you go, but how well you go low). I asked for warm midtones. This was not what i got. Instead I got neutral and very enjoyable and accurate neutral at that. Highs are delicately and deliciously rich. More to come...

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

for a mac, open the photos in preview and then go to tools and choose resize. i use lazy in a very loose manner which was not an attack. i appreciate your photos but they are just too big.

someone else might comment as well, but maybe not. there is a thread also called 'calling all customs' which you can post these pictures as people love to see other's customs.

Thank you!

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #11 of 18
they look great....

however...

how do you like the sound? how do they fit? these are most important..

Grats on them btw...Sleeks is doing really well with their custom line it seems.....Customs + wireless too...very nice. Hows that combo working out? Any interference?

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they look great....

however...

how do you like the sound? how do they fit? these are most important..

Grats on them btw...Sleeks is doing really well with their custom line it seems.....Customs + wireless too...very nice. Hows that combo working out? Any interference?

Thanks! I'm still listening to first impressions. Right off I'd say they favor tight neutral sound across the spectrum. Bass tight and accurate. Nice sparkle at the highs. Mids I thought and originally hoped for warm, are neutral as well. Soundstage very wide. All in all, the words that keep coming to mind is accurate and neutral. To me much different than the regular SA6s.. They say they can and they do change positions of drivers to create more personalized sound. I am very pleased with them.

Combo is fine w/ wireless. Wireless works great when I go outside in back yard. Let me go in the next room and I lose pairing. No real interference to speak of. Maybe very light white noise. I'm talking barely noticeable. When I listen to regular cables w/ my Predator it is then very black and no noise.

*Anyone else wanting to flame me on picture size, Leave it alon."

I'm learning that aspect as I go along. Remember anything is easy when you know how to do it.

Comfort is great. Fit has taken extra nail polish and it's almost there now

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #14 of 18
no one is flaming about photograph sizes. just usually in headfi, 800*600 is the largest we post and even in our photography section, only that size. we have people surfing on from all manner of computers: some are netbooks with screens that fit like 1/5 of your photos and some are mobile phones. even for people with large screens it makes the thread unbearably long. if someone quotes you and forgets to remove the pictures... it gets longer still

Users who are viewing this thread

Back