my new rig:stax 404le,abrahamsen v6 dac, high-amp.de amp
Mar 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I have been busy planning this rig since 8 november (after I attended my first head-fi meet) And today it is finally complete
I was lucky to get a second hand stax 404le from a fellow dutch head-fier. Luckily Abrahamsen do send their products through whole europe. I got a stax amp built for me by a German diyer based on the transistoramp design on high-amp.de
I want to listen to this rig first before giving many impressions but I can tell you I am on ehappy head-fier and I hope i will have this rig for a very long time.
No pictures as of yet, hopely the builder will send me some pictures of the amp.
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 12
congratulations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 12
I've heard the 404 (non LE) and they really are excellent cans. Congrats.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 12
Yes, Congrats! I got my LE's in last week and have really been enjoying them so far with my eXStata Hybrid amp. The build quality of these are really great, especially compared to my Koss ESP's. They sound better also, with the most noticable difference being they have better, deeper bass overall.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 12
Hey Anouk! Great that you finally have your rig complete. That SR404 at the meet really was something. It was smooth with enough attack and beautiful transparent in the mids.

Looking forward to hearing more of you and your rig! Happy listening!
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 12
Congratulations Anouk!
It has been a long wait, but hopefully well worth it.
lambda.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Congrats! I got my LE's in last week and have really been enjoying them so far with my eXStata Hybrid amp. The build quality of these are really great, especially compared to my Koss ESP's. They sound better also, with the most noticable difference being they have better, deeper bass overall.

curiously enough, i have 3 cans that you have. outside the denon which i happen to consider at one point of time too......
smile.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #12 of 12
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the congrats and to the people who have been asking:
As far as I know Abrahamsen will deliver their dac to the whole of Europe. Keep in mind that you will have to pay VAT though.
I will have pictures of the internals of my stax amp soon. I can only tell you that I am pretty happy with it, truly a professional piece of gear with a nice big sturdy volume control and a very nice housing. No pops or clicks if you turn it on or off and very clean neutral sounding without any hiss even at the highest volume.
I will have my preamp (made by the seem builder) hopefully at the end of this week).
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back