My new lappy!
Jul 12, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #31 of 46
Well, IBM and Toshiba in the UK in the early 2000's were made in the same factory and had different covers and cosmetic items, but the inernals were all identical, and IBM did all of Toshiba's service centre work and repairs. The early toshibas also used IBM's trackpoint mice. May not be the same now though.

I am happy with my tosh, always in sleep, lugged around the house, between mums and dads, either in a slip case, and rucksack, or belkin shoulder bag, lid opened and closed constantly. Bought it used and the lid a little scratched as it is a nasty finish, however it is still going strong and will see many more years i believe, by which time i will have upgraded and hopefully have enough money to get a Lenovo with the same high level spec at that time as this.

Matt

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, IBM and Toshiba in the UK in the early 2000's were made in the same factory and had different covers and cosmetic items, but the inernals were all identical, and IBM did all of Toshiba's service centre work and repairs. The early toshibas also used IBM's trackpoint mice. May not be the same now though.

I am happy with my tosh, always in sleep, lugged around the house, between mums and dads, either in a slip case, and rucksack, or belkin shoulder bag, lid opened and closed constantly. Bought it used and the lid a little scratched as it is a nasty finish, however it is still going strong and will see many more years i believe, by which time i will have upgraded and hopefully have enough money to get a Lenovo with the same high level spec at that time as this.

Matt

I can't speak for the UK, but I can attest that this is most certainly not the case for US bound models. Toshibas are good laptops, but you won't be finding a toshiba with a magnesium rollcage or drainage system.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #33 of 46
No i know, that is why i oneday aim to get a Lenovo specced as high as my tosh, or equally as good at the time compared to other models of the time.
tongue.gif

I never said they were equal, but close in terms of quality i believe.

When saying they were built and serviced by IBM i was saying they were built in the same factory and serviced by the same departments and company, so that must not be the case anymore based on the views about HP's vs. Tosh's vs. Lenovo's

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the thingy that you use to stalk junior high girls on facebook.

Sometimes a man gets lonely

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

when I said you, I meant we

Have a seat over there

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

the thingy that you use to stalk junior high girls on facebook.

You've been stagnant, lassy... good to see you're back in full force.

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #40 of 46
lol.

Awesome.

Jul 13, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #44 of 46
lol i skipped to the last page and i was lik... what humour? went back a page and im just shaking my head. thread seriousness murderers... thats my job. :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back