My new iBasso D3 is broken !?
Nov 5, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 34
I´m so sorry to hear that
frown.gif
The price is really shameful.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #17 of 34
That sucks. I hope they don't but unfortunately things break even from just normal use. This is just me, but I always try to consider the repair and shipping costs if my equipment breaks.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 34
I had to send the D1 back. It cost 25 dollars or 28 dollars via US post office and it took 4 days.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #20 of 34
After intensive searching I found that a branch o polish post services China and send parcels also to that part of China and the cost is ~40$, so I decided to return it back.
I hope parcel doesn’t disappear during long journey...
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #21 of 34
^ Fingers crossed that the D3 make a safe journey back to China, get fixed and then safe back to you again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Fingers crossed that the D3 make a safe journey back to China, get fixed and then safe back to you again.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks
regular_smile .gif

I’ve got confirmation that they send a new unit toomorow
atsmile.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #23 of 34
Quite thankful that my local stereo store actually carries the whole line and adheres to the 1year warranty that comes with them.

Somebody brought his P2 back for a replacement when I bought my D3 last evening at the store. Their after sales service should be good.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite thankful that my local stereo store actually carries the whole line and adheres to the 1year warranty that comes with them.

Somebody brought his P2 back for a replacement when I bought my D3 last evening at the store. Their after sales service should be good.

Can I ask how much it cost in the store? Is it less expensive than the on-line price?

GLC

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #25 of 34
Hi,

I paid SGD319 for my D3, which converts to about US$216. So it's only US$3 less than what's on the iBasso website.

I'm not sure if shipping is free when you buy direct from the site but in case it does, I might have saved a bit on shipping as well.

What's good is, within the year from my date of purchase, I can send my unit to my dealer instead of having to ship the product myself for a fix or replacement.

Hope that helps.

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 34
Mirh, i have the loud noise problem which i believe most of the D3's have ...it is actually a short circuit issue with the chassis. And it manifests at either of the two inputs (1/8
" or mini USB). touching the metal tip of a miniplug on the edge (rim) of the jack causes a very painful crackling sound when the rim of the jack is bridged with the case. If the plug has a metal base like the qables LOD , the crackling happens when ever the cord is bent. It also happens with the USB, if you have headphones plugged in and the unit is on and THEN you plug in a usb plug into the back, it crackles loudly when it makes contact with the chassis. I am curious if your new unit has this particular problem or not. Would you be so kind to test it and advise ? I suggest you keep the headphones OFF of your head until your plugs are all plugged in so you don't hurt your ears.

Omoanya

Anyone else have this problem ? Ibasso replied promptly to my email and

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #29 of 34
OP - I don't think you understood correctly the return policy you quoted. I believe that language refers to returning a product with works, but you don't like it (personal preference).

I believe ibasso should refund to you the money you spent to ship the defective unit back to them.

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by omoanya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mirh, i have the loud noise problem which i believe most of the D3's have ...it is actually a short circuit issue with the chassis. And it manifests at either of the two inputs (1/8
" or mini USB). touching the metal tip of a miniplug on the edge (rim) of the jack causes a very painful crackling sound when the rim of the jack is bridged with the case. If the plug has a metal base like the qables LOD , the crackling happens when ever the cord is bent. It also happens with the USB, if you have headphones plugged in and the unit is on and THEN you plug in a usb plug into the back, it crackles loudly when it makes contact with the chassis. I am curious if your new unit has this particular problem or not. Would you be so kind to test it and advise ? I suggest you keep the headphones OFF of your head until your plugs are all plugged in so you don't hurt your ears.

Omoanya

Anyone else have this problem ? Ibasso replied promptly to my email and

I haven't any problems with my new unit.
The older one for sure was broken and IMO it wasn't short circuit issue with the chassis. My AKG 280 Parabolic played without noise through an adapter 1/4" to 1/8". As a test I played my both IEMs with 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and the same 1/4" to 1/8" as with AKG. The problem with noise still existed.
Having my new unit there is also another diference between them. The broken unit (its chassis) become warm when it played the new one is not.
The new one plays without noise with all my headphones... 2 IEMs, AKG, and iPod headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back