My new iBasso D3 is broken !?
Nov 3, 2008 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

mirh

Head-Fier
I've just received my iBasso, load batteries connect my iPod (line-out) and .... first sound I heard was harsh noise! When the time was going on it started to sound normal but the problem is that it can only play with my AKG 280 Parabolic (72ohm) !
Whatever IEM I tried to connect: my Westone UM2, Creative EP630 I can hear only loud noise... the level of that noise doesn’t depend on volume knob or gain switch.
What the hell is going on?
Next I connect to my notebook (via USB) and the DAC is ok, the sound is very good but the same problem it plays only with AKG....
It only plays with IEM when they are connected to line-in (without amp)....of course I can’t regulate volume....
No idea what to do? Pleas help me :frowning2:

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 34
Contact iBasso?

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 34
I sent an email and I'm waiting for response from iBasso...
I'm really curious to know why it works with 72ohm phones and dont work with 27ohm. Is it possible that low impendance headphones make any short circuit? What can be broken?

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using an adapter w/ the 27 ohm can. Some of the 1/4" to 1/8" adapters are heavy and put a lot of stress on the 1/8" plug. The stress may even be causing a short of sorts.

The strange is that I use an adapter 1/4" to 1/8" for my AKG and there is no problem (providing volume is less than 3/4).
When I use IEM without any adapters there is no sound only loud noise. I made the test and put my IEMs through adapter 1/8" to 1/4" to 1/8" (one of this the same as with AKG) and still without success.
Also there is a problem with AKG. If I listen at let’s say >= 80% of volume the sound is with many distortions. It sounds awful when I turn max volume... Frankly speaking I can listen without such distortion at more volume level with my iPpod (headphone out) so definitely it is something wrong with my iBasso :frowning2:

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 34
You tried replacing a new set of batteries?

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You tried replacing a new set of batteries?

No.
I bought a new set of GP alkaline batteries. Do you thing that changing batteries influences on something?

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #9 of 34
I’ve just received a mail from iBasso suggesting changing batteries. I’ve already done it without success. If will try to use different mark of batteries and if nothing changes I will send it for changing to a new unit.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 34
Certainly don't seem right.
frown.gif

If all they suggest are changing batteries, and it makes no difference, then I guess its return-to-vendor time.

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Certainly don't seem right.
frown.gif

If all they suggest are changing batteries, and it makes no difference, then I guess its return-to-vendor time.

You're right. I'm going to return it back. The only problem is that UPS doesn’t service this part of China (?!) and DHL wants 100$ for small parcel !!! Prices in Europe are ridiculous.
I’m afraid that what I saved from duty and tax etc I will pay for returning it back, damn it!

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 34
Shouldn't iBasso cover the return shipping cost since the goods is dead upon arrival?

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Shouldn't iBasso cover the return shipping cost since the goods is dead upon arrival?

Yeah, I wonder about the same thing.
If they sell you a broken item its not more than expected that they cover your expenses getting a fully working unit.

Nov 4, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

From iBasso site:

"Return Policy
Our products have a 1-year warranty and a 14-day, no-questions asked return policy of the full product price when purchased through our website. Please note that shipping costs are non-refundable. If you are in need of a product return, please e-mail us for the product return form."

DHL from China to Poland is ~30$ and from Poland to China is ~120$ (?!) and sending something via DHL I have to pay in advance.

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 34
Wow, that's awful. I love my D2 Boa, but I hate to think about what would happen if for some reason I HAD to ship it back. Same with my DV and my Keces. It really makes you think twice about buying from overseas. Especially if there is no service center in your home country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back