My New Hornet M and its Journey to the UK
Jun 3, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 26
Dont turn the volume on MAX or something too high, just make it normal - enough for you to listen to and leave it there for next 300 hours ... You dont need to use battery with this right now though

"Since Head-fi I have spent: $ 400+ and probably $50,000 more on a divorce if my wife finds out!!!" ----> this one's funny
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 26
Burn-in: Your earbuds are fine, and any source will do. You don't need to use a good source. You can do it with the battery in or out, Ray says it doesn't matter. Set volume is fine.

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 26
Congrats!

But be aware, once you sample the RSA sound, you will be sorely tempted to buy one of Ray's pricier amps, they sound even better than the Hornet!

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 26
I am about to buy either the Tomahawk or the Hornet. I will use it as a home
amp as well as a portable. Is the current version of the Hornet the "M" version as reviewed by Skylab?

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to buy either the Tomahawk or the Hornet. I will use it as a home
amp as well as a portable. Is the current version of the Hornet the "M" version as reviewed by Skylab?

it is the current version ....
and if u want to order those amps, buy it in http://raysamuelsaudio.com/
send email to RAY 1st to make sure he still has that amp available to ship and ask questions you want. He's a great guy
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 26
W-O-W. Full, balanced, punchy, driving, dynamic sound across a broad soundstage with clear seperation of instruments and voices within the mix. RSA delivers.

Well worth doing.
etysmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I got mine with 250 hours burn in a week or so ago and although I'm not quite up to the recommended 400 hours of burn in I can hear it getting to a much better level of performance.
cool.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #23 of 26
ALO Jumbo Cryo arrived today, it's time to rock and roll. I can't wait i'm going to listen to it straight away and enjoy the differences over the next 400hours or so.

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaf As An Adder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Laugh at everyone from the UK now want to buy everything from abroad ... What do u think about UK government, maybe they are just lazy, while something in USA cost 300$, in the UK it will cost 300£ , which they only change $ ---> £ without changing the number
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm loving this exchange rate - just ordered a XP7 from Ray for £280 - an absolute steal at that price...
eggosmile.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by helperTcell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm loving this exchange rate - just ordered a XP7 from Ray for £280 - an absolute steal at that price...
eggosmile.gif

Is this equal to $550??????

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #26 of 26
All currently shipping Hornets are the "M" version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back