My New Hornet M and its Journey to the UK
Jun 2, 2007 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

crocandy

Head-Fier
I know that their must be hundreds if not thousands of post about people ordering, waiting and receiving their Hornet amps. I just can't believe how efficient Ray is.

I ordered my amp on 24th May and it arrived in the UK this morning 2nd June. I did a lot of research before placing my order, factored in the shipping to the UK, prayed it would not go missing or get damaged. Pulled the trigger and placed an order.

The next thing that i know is the postman is knocking on the door moaning about a bulky parcel that requires a signature. With great anticipation I signed the forms, dismiss his attempts at small talk and went inside.

First of all I am happy that the amp is here and then it slowly dawns on me that no customs tax or extra VAT have been applied and that I am in receipt of the amp.

The next 5 minutes go past as I slowly unwrapped the parcel. The first thing that strikes me is just how small this thing is, the photos do not do it justice. The quality is amazing.

Then the horror of my situation slowly dawns on me. Ray is more efficient than i am. Since placing the order I have I have arsed about reading about headphones and line out cables. Ray processed my order, packaged the amp and posted it to the UK.

Still I now have a great looking amp and it looks great on my shelf. I guess I will just have to decided on the cable and phones that i want and buy them. However, it is killing me that I can't listen to it yet.

For anyone else who is considering buying an amp from Ray and shipping it to the UK I hope this is useful. I will not hesitate in buying anything from Ray in the future and nor should you.

Regards
Andrew

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 26
Awesome! keep us posted.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 26
Congratulations!
The Hornet is an awesome little amplifier, and your wait for a suitable headphone and interconnect will certainly be worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by crocandy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that their must be hundreds if not thousands of post about people ordering, waiting and receiving their Hornet amps.

Oh, no problem... we are happy to read one more!
600smile.gif

I hope you make a decision soon so you can enjoy that Hornet. In the meantime, if you have any kind of source (FM radio with headphone jack will do) and some ipod earbuds or any kind of cheap phone, start burning that Hornet in.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 26
I was also very impressed with Ray's service. He declared the package as a "commercial sample", without me even having to ask, so no VAT or customs charges for me either.

It's a fabulous little amp that does its stuff with a wide range of phones and sources. My only regret is that I don't think I can really justify buying a Raptor too; mind you, with the current pound/dollar exchange rate, maybe I can...
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 26
Congratulations on getting a great portable amp.

Whilst you're awaiting the phones and cable get some cheap phones and cable to use to get the 'burn in' happening. I got mine with 250 hours burn in a week or so ago and although I'm not quite up to the recommended 400 hours of burn in I can hear it getting to a much better level of performance.
cool.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by helperTcell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a fabulous little amp that does its stuff with a wide range of phones and sources. My only regret is that I don't think I can really justify buying a Raptor too; mind you, with the current pound/dollar exchange rate, maybe I can...
wink.gif

Laugh at everyone from the UK now want to buy everything from abroad ... What do u think about UK government, maybe they are just lazy, while something in USA cost 300$, in the UK it will cost 300£ , which they only change $ ---> £ without changing the number
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

congrats! what color did u get?

Just went for the standard black.

Update - ALO Jumbo Cryo is paid for and on the way.

What is the best way to burn the Hornet in? Is it take the battery out, plug the amp and ipod into the mains and let that sucker go for the next 15 days non stop.

In terms of headphones i may just use the standard apple ear destroyers. Do i need to alter the volume every now and again or can i just leave it on a set vloume?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back