My new Headphile headphone stand! (pics)
Aug 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Salt Peanuts

Headphoneus Supremus
Knowing a package from Headphile was on its way, I head home today expecting to see one of those "We attempted to deliver your package" notice from the post office. Instead, I see my package as my landlord was nice enough to sign for it. Here are some pics of my new stand.
biggrin.gif

headphile_stand1.jpg

headphile_stand_w:_cans.jpg

headphile_stand_w:_cans_2.jpg

Aug 29, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 22
Wow! That stand looks great, especially loaded up with not one, but two headphile-modded pairs of headphones! It seems that you've got all the bases covered now with the 404's for your electrostat needs, the balanced PS-1's for your deep bass needs and whatever that other creation is!?!? Are those the HP3000's or K3000's or Darth Beyers, or what exactly (the pair on the right)?
confused.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Wayne - The ones on the right are screened Paduak Darth Beyers. The cans got bass!
basshead.gif

As in more (but surely not "better") bass than the PS-1s?

Aug 29, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 22
those are nice!

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
As in more (but surely not "better") bass than the PS-1s?

Yes, as in more bass than my PS-1's. Compared to my PS-1's, the bass on my Darth Beyers definitely has more weight and presence. The bass on PS-1's, however, is tighter. Predictably, my PS-1's are much better balanced cans while the Darth Beyers are bass heavy.

Larry's recabling and screening do make them more balanced and improved overall IMO, though. Compared to the Darth Beyers, my DT990Pro's (which is reputed to be an open version of 770/250) just sound plain horrible. DT990Pro's bass is bloated/flabby and there's absolutely no semblance of balance whats-so-ever in their sound. They sit around doing nothing these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
Those are nice stands. I particularly like the tri-headphile stand. Is that white oak?

It's Pine/Fir in a natural finish. Looking at both stands in person, I prefer Pine/Fir on the triple stand to Paduak on the single stand as well.

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Wow! That stand looks great, especially loaded up with not one, but two headphile-modded pairs of headphones! It seems that you've got all the bases covered now with the 404's for your electrostat needs, the balanced PS-1's for your deep bass needs and whatever that other creation is!?!? Are those the HP3000's or K3000's or Darth Beyers, or what exactly (the pair on the right)?
confused.gif

It's also interesting that both photos feature a Stax can, at least somewhere.

Are you two trying to say sometym' to the rest of us Stax guys (and gals)??
tongue.gif

The woods are sweet!

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 22
Well since we are all sharing, here's my headphile tri-stand
smily_headphones1.gif

stand01.jpg

stand02.jpg

stand03.jpg

The base is made from figured maple and the "joints" on the posts are flame maple. Where the headphones are hanging from is covered with black lambskin.

Oh and from left to right the headphones are, L3000, HP3000 and K3000.

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Well since we are all sharing, here's my headphile tri-stand
smily_headphones1.gif

The base is made from figured maple and the "joints" on the posts are flame maple. Where the headphones are hanging from is covered with black lambskin.

Oh and from left to right the headphones are, L3000, HP3000 and K3000.

Todd the showoff!
eggosmile.gif

I wish I could have both the L3000 and the K3000.. which I should, since the letter after K is L.. so it all works out.. right?

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #15 of 22
But, but, but... Mine is SIGNED!
jahnheadphilestand.jpg

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back