My New GRADO HEADBAND MOD
Oct 6, 2005 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TheReds

100+ Head-Fier
Well originally i was going to get the dt770 band...and thats what i though i ordered. Well today when i recieved it was my package, it was not the headband i was hoping for, but with the desire to make it work i came up with this:

10-05-05_1803.jpg

▬▬▬▬▬▬
10-05-05_1804.jpg

▬▬▬▬▬▬
10-05-05_1806.jpg

^^^ sorry for the cell picks, lol, just did it and thought id share

Also this is a temporary solution until i can figure out something else, or maybe ill keep it, i have to say the sound is a lot more comfortable
eggosmile.gif

another possibility would be to cut it in half and just stick on of the halfs along the bottom.....hmmmm, suggestions are welcome

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 20
what is that? looks like a balloon?

IMHO the DT770 looks a little pathetic... but it is very comfey supporting the mass of my MS2.

I say... if its comfortable keep it, unless you like the DT770 looks more.

Garrett

Oct 7, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 20
lol, it does look like a freaking balloon
biggrin.gif
. Im not really sure if i like it too much, i cant really adjust it anymore bc i need it all the way extended to be "in position". It is real comfortable though, and i mean it was only like 15 with shippping so im not to in favor of sending them back to then wait for the dt770 headband. In fact, i am going to cut it in half now.....post pics in a little bit.

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 20
projectoverview.PNG

▬▬▬▬
sideviewcloseup.PNG

▬▬▬▬
wholeheadphoneANGLE.PNG

WOW, what a huge difference! this this looking soooooo sick now, much much much better. No more ballon, now a streamlined sweet looks comforty goodness. Pics suck, and dont look real good at all, sorry guys, but thats all i could do.

All i did was slice the pad in half making sure to cut one one side of the seam. This kept one side perfect but unfortunately opened up the other side so i couldnt use it on my sr-80's. Anyways, on the inside it was sorta a grippy surface, perfect for my double sided taped which i sharpied the edges. So i stuck about 6 pieces on that grippy part and just stuck it on under the headband making it as centered as i could, and bam! (<<emerald style)

So what do you guys think?! im quite excited about this

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 20
Not bad at all!!

If that double sided tape comes loose on you, go to a radio controlled hobby shop and ask them for a roll of "servo tape". Its super sticky foam tape..should hold noticeably better than other stuff.

Someone did something similar with a DT770 headband.... trim it down and use adhesive to stick it to the Grado vinyl.

Garrett

Oct 7, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Not bad at all!!

If that double sided tape comes loose on you, go to a radio controlled hobby shop and ask them for a roll of "servo tape". Its super sticky foam tape..should hold noticeably better than other stuff.

Someone did something similar with a DT770 headband.... trim it down and use adhesive to stick it to the Grado vinyl.

Garrett

i dont want something too adhesive because if i ever decide to take it off or something i dont want some crazy residue on my headband. This is soo much better by the way, i love it. Its comfortable, and makes the grados look more and more like a pair of 200 dollar cans
biggrin.gif

Ill post the part stock number if anybody wants it...

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 20
Yeah, post those stock numbers, I'll be getting an HF-1 soon and might want to do that mod, thanks for the tip.

Oct 7, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 20
Okay-

Stock # = 340.502
Description = BN59-53/A HDBND PAD/PRO S100
Price = $9.17
Price With UPS Shipping = $16.17

^^ thats right from my reciept

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #11 of 20
That headband mod looks pretty good! I have a similar styled cushion in brown that I might just have to try and do the same thing with, along with matching earcup pieces that might fit my modded comfies to make them 'ultracomfies'.

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 8, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #12 of 20
i have decided that i will for sure keep these as apposed to sending them back for the real dt770 headband leather thing. And for some reason, they keep looking better as time goes on.
tongue.gif

If anybody has any questions about this at all pm me or just post under this thread and ill try to help out

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 20
That mod is cool! Well done!
The DT770 headband from beyer(UK) is overpriced, I was wondering if I can use DT100 headband on SR225. Which is 2 times cheaper...
rolleyes.gif

8dt100-09headband.jpg

*DT100 headband*

Nov 16, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 20
I really liked the look of this mod, so decided to give it a try. Got the replacement part today, but what arrived wasn't the same as what TheReds used. 340.502 is the DT770 headband with the snap clips, so I guess they screwed up and sent TheReds a different part. Anyone know what the part number is of the headband he used for this mod?

I've completely destroyed the 340.502 in an futile attempt to get it looking somewhat decent. Can't be done -- just snapping it on looks really dorky and the whole thing just falls apart if you try to do what TheReds did.

Don't bother ordering 340.502 if you're interested in this mod!

Nov 16, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 20
Looks good. Although I keep expecting to see a big tire pump in the pictures.
smily_headphones1.gif

I used a Senn HD580 headband pad glued to a stock Grado vinyl one(my SR-325s are actually SR-325s drivers housings transplanted onto an MS-1 headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back