My new gaming rig...
Feb 6, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #106 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
The case looks fantastic now...I dont really like cases with "doors" but that seems to be the "in thing" now...

Where can I buy sound dampening material? I want to line the inside of the chassis with this material leaving only the fan vents open. Less noise, better cooling and less vibration also.

I was not too optimistic about the door, and I had to do a little tweaking to get it to close right, but in the end I like it. It cuts down on optical noise a bit, and just gives the front a clean, simple look.

I got my sound dampening (acoustipack) from endpcnoise.com. Be forwarned though, that this case is premade to dampen vibrations, and to get much material in would be a long and arduous process due to the construction of the case. Also, it doesn't produce better cooling, actually worse cooling, since there is less air in the case to absorb/transmit heat, and airflow paths are inevitalby narrowed. As far as your system stands right now, once the video card cooler is turned down in speedfan, the power supply is the predominant source of noise. Dampening the case isn't going to do much about that. The HDD is very quiet, and the 120MM fans produce little noise/vibration. To make this system much quieter than it already is not very practical.

She is all packed up and ready to ship out for your place tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #107 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
She is all packed up and ready to ship out for your place tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

HOLY crap!! THAT TIME HAS COME ALREADY!?!?!?
basshead.gif

Wow...I finally get to lay my hands on the animal!! Installing Splinter Cell on my current PC along with COD-2. I want to see the differences between the two systems.

I am seriously considering a Westinghouse 32" HDTV panel for this PC. I brought one home for a couple of days and it ROCKED!! Aaaaah the temptation...

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #108 of 129
as far as keyboards go... i think you should get either the logitech g15 or the saitek eclipse. whichever you feel suits your needs better. i have the g15 and i love it. the LCD screen is a neat feature although it's not really that useful as of now, but the macro buttons are definitely awesome. my friend has the saitek eclipse which is also pretty nice, i think you'd be happy with either. they carry both at best buy, and you can also check them out on newegg

sh0ebox

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #111 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Anyone here looking forward to Elder Scrolls Oblivion? (drools)
biggrin.gif

Something to look forward too with your spanking new PC.
smily_headphones1.gif

YES!! But on my 360, not my pc.

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #112 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
WOOT my cpus are here. All I am waiting for is those damn pesky hard drives and gfx card then I hit the battlefields
rs1smile.gif

I had a problem like that. UPS gave me all of my parts 2 days early, except for my motherboard, which I had to wait over the weekend and then 1 snowed out day for. Drove me nuts! Its all up and running now though.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #115 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, that Ninja HSF is HUGE!

-Ed

LOL yeah...I thought the XP-90 was big...then I saw the XP-120...and now the Ninja.

I am sooooo excited about this PC. I returned the 7800GS OC for another time when the prices become reasonable...cant justify two gaming rigs
smily_headphones1.gif
I might get a cheapass video-card which is passive cooled and turn my current P4 desktop into a quiet-er PC for music and movies...

Decisions...decisions...

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #117 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
LOL yeah...I thought the XP-90 was big...then I saw the XP-120...and now the Ninja.

I am sooooo excited about this PC. I returned the 7800GS OC for another time when the prices become reasonable...cant justify two gaming rigs
smily_headphones1.gif
I might get a cheapass video-card which is passive cooled and turn my current P4 desktop into a quiet-er PC for music and movies...

Decisions...decisions...

Does that mean you won't be going on BF2? All me bits have arrived and now, so I gonna start building.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #119 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Does that mean you won't be going on BF2? All me bits have arrived and now, so I gonna start building.

Are you kidding...i've been counting down the days to that point in time when I snipe you from across the map
smily_headphones1.gif

I was wondering about what to do with the second desktop that is sitting here...it is pretty nice too...I built this one myself and Peter helped select the components.

P4 3.4
1 GB RAM
128 MB evga 6600GT

The evga is bloody noisy..so I might get a passive cooled VGA card and use this PC for music and the other one for games.

I think I will just leave them both for gaming...one for the older games that I never got around to finishing...fantastic games like Far Cry and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

The new PC will be used ONLY for gaming - BF2, COD2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (I played this on my current rig and it looks FANTASTIC...I cannot imagine how much better and smoother it will run on the new rig).

mikey - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will make you feel like the baddest dood on earth...fantastic game...superb graphics!

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #120 of 129
Nice, with that Antec P180 case with a Scythe Ninja your computer will probably be really really quiet.

To sweeten the deal may I suggest a Zalman VF700Cu on the video card? I have one, no more jet engine roar from my card, with better cooling to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back