My New ESW10's ar at home in a fine, unopened Box, and I'm 200 Miles Away!
Mar 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even if they suck awfully bad (which I'm assured they don't), they'll be amazing to your ears, purely because of the anticipation of getting home to them

Either that or it'll be a let down like the constantly overhyped blockbuster movies.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaKinDV8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's something to help you through....
356805533.jpg

Well... They seem to come in a darned fine box! Could I have a peek inside, pleeeaaase? Just a tiny one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told my kids all the time that Wanting is better than having.

Well, this must be better then; LOL!

atsmile.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 30
krmathis - How did you know?

Do you know the old joke about the brew masters from Guinness, Budweiser and Coors going out for lunch?

Brew master from Budweiser orders a Bud, brew master from Coors orders a Coors, brew master from Guinness orders a coke.

Budweiser and Coors brewmasters are shocked: "aren't you going to order a beer?" they ask.

Brew master from Guinness says calmly "Why? you guys didn't."

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Like the "The Second Tree from the Corner"?

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know the old joke about the brew masters from Guinness, Budweiser and Coors going out for lunch?

Brew master from Budweiser orders a Bud, brew master from Coors orders a Coors, brew master from Guinness orders a coke.

Budweiser and Coors brewmasters are shocked: "aren't you going to order a beer?" they ask.

Brew master from Guinness says calmly "Why? you guys didn't."

ROFL! That was hilarious (and so true)...
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hang in there
wink.gif

I got home yesterday afternoon! They arrived safe and sound. I had time for about 15 minutes of listening before my lovely wife and daughter got home. They haven't seen me in almost 2 weeks, so no headphones allowed for a while!

Very Brief Impressions:

Everyone says these are small - WOW! These are SMALL!

In a word - Beautiful!

Plastic? It feels cheap - no, not cheap, just very light. If you've ever handled titanium parts without realizing they are titanium before you pick them up - you expect the weight of steel, and are surprised they are so much lighter. They still feel solid though. Kind of the same deal.

Holy S**T! That sound is coming out of these? Wow! It is kind of a perspective thing - I expect to hear what comes out of my HD580's. I don't expect the shear scope of the sound coming out of these tiny things - Cool!

These are way too pretty to use as completely portable office units, but way too pretty to part with. I need a good, protective case. I've had one of these in medium: Quality Protective Headphone Bag (Pouch) (Please Choose Size) [CansBag] - $11.99 : Listening Station!, Specializing in Quality Headphones since my Grado days, but I want something a bit harder sided.

Wow again - Pico doesn't really seem to do much other than silence the noise floor and tighten the bass when using the iPod and iPhone. They really sound great straight out both iPod and iPhone - Cool!

That's it for now. I'll probably fire up a new thread and add my impressions to the myriad ESW10jpn threads out there once I get some good quality time with them.

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulation and wait until they have 100 hours of burn-in
wink.gif

These have about 10 hours on them, I'm told. I've heard 50 to 100 hours is sort of where they settle in and quite changing. I'm debating whether to just plug them into the ipod for a week straight, or use and enjoy as they burn in. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #28 of 30
I've had my ESW10's for a few weeks now, so I thought I'd report in. I continually struggle with the cost of these compared to the substance of these - right up to the point I put them back on my head. I just love these headphones! The sound signature is warm, but not too warm, bright, but not too bright, detailed without being fatiguing. The bass is tight, with good impact and volume and again not fatiguing. The only drawback is that the soundstage is more ahhh, intimate than my departed (and missed) Senn 580's. It is indeed a smaller soundstage, and yet still absolutely enjoyable.

I have yet to find a genre that doesn't sound great on these headphones. The really big surprise to me is how well they do with classical.

The biggest advantage to me is the small size. My glasses ride above them, I don't get tired wearing them at work, and best of all, they are perfect for listening to in bed, as the pillow doesn't press against them. Oh, and tied with size is the ease with which these are driven, even by an ipod or iphone.

The biggest drawbacks to me are the stunning beauty, as I won't bust them out when my 4 year old is around or at work (at least not often), and the price. Used, with a new AT case and north of $500 for portable headphones that don't isolate!

They are keepers for now, though, that is for sure!

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Thats what I tell myself all the time. I always cave after a while though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back