My new ARIA has arrived.
Dec 19, 2005 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 396

Sisyphos

100+ Head-Fier
Today I went to the post office and picked up my eagerly awaited Aria.
It was already deivered on Saturday, but since I was out of town I only found the usual letter card that told that there was a package for me that could be fetched on Monday after 4pm.
I was one of the first who ordered and paid AND I'm in Germany - therefore I got it this fast now...this explanation just for the case that some might be envious.

So far I'm very impressed! It sounds awesome with my HD595 and connected to my laptop (using foobar and ASIO4all). And it looks very very nice and is extremely well built. Just as Jan said in an earlier thread regarding the Aria: the photos really don't do it justice.
Some more details will follow in the next days, but I'm not going to write a review. This must be left to the more experienced members with more equipment to compare.

A few photos will follow tomorrow.

Well, that's enough for now - I'll leave and enjoy music with my new Aria now.

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 396
eagerly awaiting more impressions from you
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
How does it compare to the porta corda II. Does the sound change using usb versus your normal source?

Both compared driving a Senn 650 it‘s like opening up a new dimension. Much better control of bass and more details all over. Nothing on differences between inputs so far, I hope to do some comparisons today (if wife and kid allow me to…)

Toddy

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 396
Freut mich noch einen Kopfhörer fan hier zu treffen und sogar aus Düsseldorf. Gratuliere zu neue "Aria"!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisyphos
Today I went to the post office and picked up my eagerly awaited Aria.
It was already deivered on Saturday, but since I was out of town I only found the usual letter card that told that there was a package for me that could be fetched on Monday after 4pm.
I was one of the first who ordered and paid AND I'm in Germany - therefore I got it this fast now...this explanation just for the case that some might be envious.

So far I'm very impressed! It sounds awesome with my HD595 and connected to my laptop (using foobar and ASIO4all). And it looks very very nice and is extremely well built. Just as Jan said in an earlier thread regarding the Aria: the photos really don't do it justice.
Some more details will follow in the next days, but I'm not going to write a review. This must be left to the more experienced members with more equipment to compare.

A few photos will follow tomorrow.

Well, that's enough for now - I'll leave and enjoy music with my new Aria now.

Dec 20, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 396
I got mine, too
biggrin.gif
I'm currently listening to it using foobar and an external HD with WAVs. Will post impressions later.
The build quality is surprisingly nice! The Aria is quite heavy. I love the looks of it. And I love those two blue LEDs glowing right at me as I'm writing this
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 396
My Aria arrived as well. In an anti-tank parcel
smily_headphones1.gif

It surely looks much, much better than in the pics. It looks superb, in every single detail.

It also gives you that feeling of something very robust (yes, like the former line of Meier Audio amps); I am insisting on that because I just feared somehow that robustness was losing in favour of design. This is definitely not the case.

And it sounds... fantastic.

Read my lips: I didn't say "fantastic for the money", I just said "fantastic". Full stop. Yes, right out of the box.

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 396
Where is mine Aria
mad.gif

Cant wait any longer....

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
smily_headphones1.gif

It surely looks much, much better than in the pics. It looks superb, in every single detail.

It also gives you that feeling of something very robust (yes, like the former line of Meier Audio amps); I am insisting on that because I just feared somehow that robustness was losing in favour of design. This is definitely not the case.

And it sounds... fantastic.

Read my lips: I didn't say "fantastic for the money", I just said "fantastic". Full stop. Yes, right out of the box.

Dec 20, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed it looks like $1000+ gadget like the ones pictured in the "High End" section of the magazines. And it feels much heavier than the 2.2 kg the manual states. Which by the way is printed on extra heavy paper and makes a very good impression too.

Toddy

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #14 of 396
I've just taken some pics:

a dream combo
biggrin.gif
:

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #15 of 396
WOW, that looks dreamy for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back