My new ARIA has arrived.
Jan 17, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #301 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
I finally found out why! It's because I had the amp on for days continuously and never turned it off. I started noticing the pot becoming imbalanced and scratchy (like pa2v2) at very low levels. Today I started noticing brief static coming out at periodic intervals out of the right channel.

I turned amp off, and then back on. Poof! All of those issues disappeared. Static accumulation? anyway...

Good to know that you've got it sorted and can just listen to it happily
smily_headphones1.gif

I've never had the problem of leaving it on all the time - it's in my bedroom and with the lights I can't sleep at night (it's bright enough to easily illuminate the whole room - had a mate round a week ago and they were so bright at night that they gave him a headache! lol)

I got around the USB light (always on when the USB is plugged in which it always is) by putting a bit of blue-tack over the light.... can't see it at all now.

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #302 of 396
Hi,

I have been listening to er4p/s with a total bit head amp for 2 years. I ordered a AKG K701 from Todd.

I wonder how it would be great from my total bit head if I listen with the aria. Honestly, the price is not much different. But many people said the aria is really good with K701 or HD 650.

I have tried to find full reviews of Aria. It is hard to find. In addition, somebody can compare the aria with headroom's desk amp or home amp? By the way, mostly I listen to classical music.

Thank you.
580smile.gif

-------------------
Source: Ipod (3rd 40G, Apple Lossless), ThinkPad T22 iTune

Headphone: Er4p/s, SR80. K701 is on my way.

Headamp: Total Bit Head

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #303 of 396
Just listened to my Aria for the first time last night. The Blue led light is SO bright. But the amp looks and sounds great. I'm sure it will sound even better after some use. One thing I noticed is that this amp has only one setting for crossfeed, low. The Corda HA-1 MK1 had 3 settings (low, medium, high). The HA-1 MKII had 2 (low and medium).

I wonder why Jan did not include more crossfeed options. Will future Corda amps have only the low setting. Would anyone miss additional settings anyway.

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #304 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda
I wonder why Jan did not include more crossfeed options. Will future Corda amps have only the low setting. Would anyone miss additional settings anyway.

Jan has mentioned this here, last paragraph:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=108

Enjoying the amp very much right now but I would love to here some comparisons with say the Gilmore Lite, GS1, Headroom's desktop line etc.

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #305 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda
Just listened to my Aria for the first time last night. The Blue led light is SO bright. But the amp looks and sounds great. I'm sure it will sound even better after some use. One thing I noticed is that this amp has only one setting for crossfeed, low. The Corda HA-1 MK1 had 3 settings (low, medium, high). The HA-1 MKII had 2 (low and medium).

From http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...Aria+crossfeed

"why there's no "medium" crossfeed setting, only "low"."

The new circuit topology mentioned above did have some consequences for the implementation of the crossfeed filter and made the addition of an extra filter setting rather complicated and expensive. Therefore the choice was made to implement one level only.

Jan 24, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #307 of 396
Has anyone heard the RS-1 through the Aria? any impressions?

The RS-1s have been bugging me for a while for me to try them
eek.gif

Jan 24, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #309 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsuttitinagul
I tried the Aria with my Shure E4s and found the noise floor to be very high. Has anyone else noticed this? It really precludes me using any IEMs with this. amp.

With my UM1s and the Aria I can't hear any noise at all until 3 o'clock with no music playing. They're very sensitive as well which has prevented me from using my Total Airhead with them (background noise at all volumes). Considering I can't stand to listen with them above 9 o'clock I don't think there's any way I'll ever get to that point. With my Grados or Senns its dead quiet all the way to max.

I do hear background noise a little earlier when using USB as opposed to analog but it's still way past even unreasonable listening volume for me.

EDIT: If you're using USB perhaps a faulty cable?

Ant

Jan 24, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #310 of 396
Also, if you are using USB, make SURE that you have the volume on the PC ALL THE WAY UP. Very important.

Jan 25, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #312 of 396
Me too.

On a side note what are people's thoughts/experiences on DACs with the Aria?

I got a Micro DAC to go with mine and I think it is a significant improvement.

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #313 of 396
I have no other DAC to compare it to except the one built into my VAIO laptop, and the DAC in the Aria sounds WAY better than that
orphsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #314 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsuttitinagul
I tried the Aria with my Shure E4s and found the noise floor to be very high. Has anyone else noticed this? It really precludes me using any IEMs with this. amp.

I have the same issue with UM2. There's a weird hum where one side is louder than the other. Don't think this amp is built for iem's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #315 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
I have the same issue with UM2. There's a weird hum where one side is louder than the other. Don't think this amp is built for iem's.
smily_headphones1.gif

That describes my problem exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back