My new ARIA has arrived.
Jan 5, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #197 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by apostate
You know, that really would be good to listen to with the Aria I bet. Time to dig out Them and Conspiracy and give it a go.....

Ant

Ha! Don't forget Abigail!

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #198 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Ha! Don't forget Abigail!

Unfortunately I don't have a remastered copy of Abigail yet..... Conspiracy track 1 - At the Graves in particular sounds really nice through my home rig right now though
icon10.gif
Love that intro and then the slam of everything kicking in.

Ant

Jan 5, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #199 of 396
Is there anyone else in the US (east coast or midwest) who has not yet received an Aria that was shipped on the 27th? Some people seem to be getting their units in 6 - 7 days. Mine didn't make today's mail, and I'm starting to think it will never arrive, or I'll get billed a huge customs fee on a unit that was rendered non-functional in shipping, or something equally bad.
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #200 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by trbl
Is there anyone else in the US (east coast or midwest) who has not yet received an Aria that was shipped on the 27th? Some people seem to be getting their units in 6 - 7 days. Mine didn't make today's mail, and I'm starting to think it will never arrive, or I'll get billed a huge customs fee on a unit that was rendered non-functional in shipping, or something equally bad.
frown.gif

There's never really anything to worry about when dealing with Dr. Meier.

I imagine it will show up today or tomorrow.

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #201 of 396
Quote:

frown.gif

Mine shipped on the 22nd and arrived on the 3rd so I wouldn't worry. It showed up in fine shape with no problems to speak of, just took a while.

Ant

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #202 of 396
Quote:

There's never really anything to worry about when dealing with Dr. Meier.

THAT is a FACT.

Jan 6, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #203 of 396
Quote:

Is there anyone else in the US (east coast or midwest) who has not yet received an Aria that was shipped on the 27th?

Mine shipped on the 27th (along with DT880s), & I've yet receive them. The mail is still sometimes delayed in the New Orleans area due to Katrina. I'm also anxiously waiting.

Todd

Jan 6, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #204 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd S
Mine shipped on the 27th (along with DT880s), & I've yet receive them.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

After hearing that the first batch of Arias were arriving in only 6 days, I posted suggesting that later shipments during the holiday season might move as quickly, and was then chided for making so foolish a suggestion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Having had my K701's for about 7 weeks now, and having made two previous unsuccessful attempts at getting an amp for them, it's hard not to feel frustrated and pessimistic.

I'll keep waiting and hoping for the best.

Jan 6, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #205 of 396
Mine was also shipped same day (I got mail on christmas). It has not arrived so far. I guess I shall wait till early next week before I mail Jan. I hope it arrives by then or Jan has mailed with Insurance and tracking.

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #206 of 396
In the same boat... Got the e-mail on Christmas and still waiting. I'm sure it will be here by early next week.

Jan 6, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #207 of 396
To those of you who have recieved your Aria and happen to own the HF-1...
Do you find it to be a good match?

Jan 6, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #208 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
To those of you who have recieved your Aria and happen to own the HF-1...
Do you find it to be a good match?

VERY good match. My HF-1's have been modded by Headphile, but I really enjoy the Aria with the Woodied HF-1's. A good match IMO since the Aria is sonically neutral.

Jan 6, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #209 of 396
I agree the Aria is sonically neutral, or maybe a touch dry past neutral, however I concur that the HF1s sound very good with it. In fact the Aria is primarily responsible for why I've started using the Grado again (the HF1 pretty much sat here collecting dust until then). The Aria was a tad bright with them at first, but settled down at some point. I'd say the HF1/Aria combo is very a good one. Nice speed there.

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #210 of 396
Looks liek I wont be getting my aria today for the weekend, guess I have to wait till next week. Then again good sound is worth waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back