My new amp : SP The Dragon
Nov 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonoliew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't mean to hijack the thread, but i can't find anything on the single power website.. not even the extreme.. where do you guys look for all this stuff from? how do you reckon it compares to the woo audio 6 se?

Since ordering from Mikhail and talking to him several times, i've found that most of the products he carries are build to order customer amps. The stuff on his website are the cookie cutter offerings.

Send him an email and tell him what your budget is. For new customers, he is usually very quick to get back with you. You will be surprised buy what that guy has to say. Very interesting individual to say the least.

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #35 of 54
Thanks for the suggestion Nikongod
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also in contact with the OP to help him out as well. Any other ideas from anyone is appreciated it as well.

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #38 of 54
If the fuse is easily replaceable it will be in a little door on the wall input jack.

You have to unplug the power cable from the back of the amp to see the door if its that type of jack.

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #39 of 54
no little secret door ...
need to open the amp (if openable). If my local repair center are to able to remove 1 screws ... I will tell him to stop and will send it to SP.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
need to open the amp (if openable). If my local repair center are to able to remove 1 screws ... I will tell him to stop and will send it to SP.

I would NOT send it to SP unless you exhaust ALL other possibilites. From the other threads, if you send it to SP you may not see it again for a LONG, LONG time.

Look in the yellow pages (if you do not know of one already), and find the nearest high end audio dealer. Go to that store or call them. They will know who is the best audio electronics repair person in the area, and should be able to point you in that direction. They may even do repair themselves. I would not worry that it is not going to SP. It is a tube amp and the circuit toplogy has not changed in a long time. It should not be a big deal for any repair technician with experience in tube electronics to be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.

And I agree, it sounds like the fuse blew.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes there is .... the drawer is in the back IEC inlet. You pop it open with a small screwdriver etc.... and pull out the fuse.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #42 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would NOT send it to SP unless you exhaust ALL other possibilites. From the other threads, if you send it to SP you may not see it again for a LONG, LONG time.

Look in the yellow pages (if you do not know of one already), and find the nearest high end audio dealer. Go to that store or call them. They will know who is the best audio electronics repair person in the area, and should be able to point you in that direction. They may even do repair themselves. I would not worry that it is not going to SP. It is a tube amp and the circuit toplogy has not changed in a long time. It should not be a big deal for any repair technician with experience in tube electronics to be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.

And I agree, it sounds like the fuse blew.

I think you are wrong. This amp is quite complicated and repairman with this level of tube expertise are rare. I would not trust this amp to just anybody .... especially without a schematic.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #43 of 54
Tell us whether or not where the mains plug plugs into the power supply there is something that looks like this:

image_product.height.500;width.500;modified.1207857222.ACS-45.jpg

If so the bottom of that is the fuse drawer that will be able to be removed with a small screw driver, as suggested by others. If not, please post up a picture of the back of the power supply.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell us whether or not where the mains plug plugs into the power supply there is something that looks like this:

image_product.height.500;width.500;modified.1207857222.ACS-45.jpg

If so the bottom of that is the fuse drawer that will be able to be removed with a small screw driver, as suggested by others. If not, please post up a picture of the back of the power supply.

I was looking for a pic of a mains plug to show the fuse drawer; glad you found one for him. I know there is one .... every SP amp has one.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #45 of 54
I bring it to someone with experience with tubes amp.

We tested the fuses and both are ok.

We not able to open it .. we don't have the proper tool to open it. We need 1/16 Allen ... something strong ... The screws seem be glued or locked ...

We tested with the ombilical cord... the 2 transformers ... 1 is for the voltage ... this one seem ok, the other one (filament) seem defect. The guy guess a bridge dead or transformer defect.

Was the only tests we was able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back