My New ALO Audio Portable Rig
Jan 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that discount was 99.999% off.

I don't know anyone in their right mind who would spend almost $600 on a 6-inch cable and an ipod connector.

it's not that bad, Ken's workmanship and service is one of the best in the business. but a 10% would be nice.

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 25
?
who speaks about more 600 $ ?
ALO amp is only 235 $

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the kind that came with a pre-production Sennheiser MX W1 (the production units may also include these, but I'm not certain). That said, they just look like plain ol' big black rubber bands in person--perfect size for portable rigs, though. I have two that hold the amp to the iPod, and one wrapped around the amp for attaching the MX W1's Kleer wireless transmitter. (In the middle photo, the bands are well behind the focus depth--and so blurry looking--but you can sort of see the three bands, the one in the middle just wrapped around the amp alone, as I don't have the Kleer transmitter hooked up there.)

Sweet setup Jude.

I just received the Sennheiser MX W1 yesterday. The accessories include two each of different sized "rubber bands" to total four and one elastic material strap with a buckle and loop.

I did take pictures of the wonderful job of the Sennheiser packaging of these phones.

I am a newbie posting... I'll try to find the correct thread to post in, as well as hopefully not bog the system with too many pic attachments including some impressions of these sweet looking wireless phones.

Also thank you Jude for providing an initial review from the winter CES as it helped contribute to me dropping the coinage, and I did get a sweet price from an authorized dealer.

I am playing around with the different twist-to-fit pads and the proper positioning for the most comfortable fit without loss to the low end. Currently using the large pad with the tab at the ten (r) and two (l) o'clock angle on the phones to catch, than twist. When it does the positioning of the phones are more straighter in an up and down sense vs at an angle which is more comfortable.
Just revisited your review and will try the twist backward for a different experience.

Also, how is ALO mini 3 with MX W1? For my main portable player, I'm using the iphone 3g.

Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Jan 4, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a discount for the set, but the retail prices are as follows:

$235.00 for the Double Mini3 amp.

$365.00 for the six-foot SXC Cryo headphone cable.

$195.00 for the SXC Cryo Dock.

For those asking where my $600 figure comes from.. see above

$365 for cable and $195 for the ipod connector = $560

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoops! Misread. But...

...it's still insanely ridiculously priced for a 6 "foot" cable + ipod connector.

Until you hear how they sound - very transparent with excellent microdetail increasing realism...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back