My New Album, Rabbit Dream
Jan 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #31 of 229
I must admit I am not a fan of the THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP style of beats, it may well work wonders in dance clubs and car systems, but not my style.

But on the flip side, there are some very cool sounding effects if you can tolerate the thumping bass. Some of these effects have an excellent sense of spacing and location in the soundstage and are very impressive on headphones. The bass can get a bit tiring on speaker rigs however, but I guess there are people who like that sort of thing.

I wonder how you find these sort of effects, do you just go around searching for interesting stuff, or do you record some of these yourself?

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #32 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit I am not a fan of the THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP style of beats, it may well work wonders in dance clubs and car systems, but not my style.

But on the flip side, there are some very cool sounding effects if you can tolerate the thumping bass. Some of these effects have an excellent sense of spacing and location in the soundstage and are very impressive on headphones. The bass can get a bit tiring on speaker rigs however, but I guess there are people who like that sort of thing.

I wonder how you find these sort of effects, do you just go around searching for interesting stuff, or do you record some of these yourself?

The effects are a part of the composition. They're made specifically to design the atmosphere of the track and to correspond with the beat. Some of them are organic or found sounds that have been synthesized and shaped to create the tapestry woven together with the groove.

Since this is dance music, the beats have two functions, which are basically one, as they're connected. The first part is to bring you to the basic tribal body response to move your body and dance. You can try it, it's really fun.
smily_headphones1.gif
The second part is the secret ingredient: the beats with the bass create two moving energy fields which allows one to tap into a higher expression of themselves.

Thanks for sharing your impression. It's really appreciated.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #37 of 229
Should be cool, I'll be sure and post impressions... you already know that I like the tracks, can't wait to hear the full-quality CD.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #41 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Payment sent Acix. Streamed the entire first page of tracks and am really impressed. Very hypnotic stuff. You managed to get these 325is thumping!

beerchug.gif

Yeah, I love the hypnotic stuff. Sends me to travel through the whole universe. I did a test on the RS1 and it was cool, but not yet on the 325i. I'll check it out. The album is in higher quality than the clips on the site.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back