My New Album, Rabbit Dream
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 229

Acix

Headphoneus Supremus
I just finished printing my new album and I've decided to give a few promos to my fellows at head-fi with a special price of $10, with free worldwide shipping.

It's electronic music, minimal tech that embodies my vast experience over the last 15 years. I'm sure head-fiers will have a blast listening to this album which has been made with very high attention to audio details. You can hear samples of the tracks here: :: Acix Store ::

Payments can be made through Paypal using the email address: acixmastering(at)gmail(dot)com

EDIT: I post the whole cd artwork.

EDIT 2: I uploaded the high res cover art.

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 229
Hey, thanks, Pincher. I printed an album on CD (digipak) in a mix format. But on the site, I sell the individual unmixed tracks in WAV format. I also have a 3 track single on vinyl. Here's the link for the tracks: :: Acix Vinyl :: The vinyl tracks are not included in the album.
redface.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by elcarajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What else would you recommend off of the site?

For 10 bucks and free shipping, I definitely recommend the physical CD with the beautiful artwork. On the site there are some unreleased tracks (:: Acix Store ::) and the individual tracks are unmixed, better for DJ's use. I also left enough space on the CD mix for DJs to play directly from the CD.

I can ship the single and CD together, which would be a little cheaper to ship.

I hope you guys enjoy the sample tracks that I put on the site. They're mp3s, but the CD is in much better quality. The individual tracks for download are in WAV format. So the good thing I've done with this site is to not sell mp3s.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 229
Sounds best through AKG K701 or GMP 8.5D, right?
wink.gif

EDIT: Just listened to a few sample tracks, very cool stuff! Has anyone heard the lossless files through cans yet?

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds best through AKG K701 or GMP 8.5D, right?
wink.gif

EDIT: Just listened to a few sample tracks, very cool stuff! Has anyone heard the lossless files through cans yet?

Thanks to my beloved K-702 you can benefit from the details and the sound stage...work of art.
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #8 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to my beloved K-702 you probability can benefit from the details and the sound stage...work of art.
wink.gif

Sounds like this album is some real headphone candy then? I may have to get it to test my new Stax.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like this album is some real headphone candy then? I may have to get it to test my new Stax.

Indeed, it's very sweet headphone candy! Actually, the K-702 made me want to change some of the tracks to give my music the full benefits of the details and sound stage in full resolution.

I did have a chance to listen to the pre-mastered album through the 4070 and it was quite a nice surprise! I was also surprised to hear my bass on the HD800.

Jan 3, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 229
Hey, Ace (?)
I'm not seeing the single on either your site or on the cdbaby site. I dug the streamable tracks and definitely want more. What do I do?

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 229
so track #2 from your site on my K702's kind of hurt the middle of my head...like right behind where where my mouth goes south!....lol....there is a clicking that seems to embed itself right in the part of my head! very cool though. wonderful on headphones. First electronica I have listened to with these headphones! thanks for popping that cherry.

will you ship to your lovely neighbours to the north?

cheers...going to stop typing and go back to listen some more

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #12 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by elcarajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Ace (?)
I'm not seeing the single on either your site or on the cdbaby site. I dug the streamable tracks and definitely want more. What do I do?

The single is on the site (the vinyl button). I just checked to make sure the link is working: :: Acix Vinyl ::. The single is called The Higher Place.

Each track is $2.50, but if you buy the whole CD in digital format, it's $8.00 and you'll get 11 tracks are unmixed. So that's the best deal.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so track #2 from your site on my K702's kind of hurt the middle of my head...like right behind where where my mouth goes south!....lol....there is a clicking that seems to embed itself right in the part of my head! very cool though. wonderful on headphones. First electronica I have listened to with these headphones! thanks for popping that cherry.

will you ship to your lovely neighbours to the north?

cheers...going to stop typing and go back to listen some more

Hey freakydrew! Thanks for the compliments. Track two is Tell Me a Story and you're right, there's a great effect there. I just found a sweet way to massage the pineal gland in the brain. And this can hopefully tune the listener to positive thinking. Yes, I put a lot of attention to details and with headphones and in the car, it's really apparent. I have a couple friends who just upgraded their car audio system and they were blown away. They said the CD has a new home in the CD player and doesn't want to leave it.

Sure, I'll be happy to send a CD to Canada. This CD was designed to appeal to the headphone addicts like us.

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #14 of 229
I'm gonna buy it. Sounds cool.

I've been getting into producing a lot lately and I'm looking into DJing. Looks like you have been around awhile. Do you do a lot of shows?

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #15 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by slytown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna buy it. Sounds cool.

I've been getting into producing a lot lately and I'm looking into DJing. Looks like you have been around awhile. Do you do a lot of shows?

Slytown, I sent you the CD today, it might get to you by the end of the week, or so. I hope you enjoy it.

I play around SF and there was a time when I was touring Europe. It comes and goes with me. I've been busy producing the album and working on my mastering service, so I haven't focused as much time performing. Now that the album is finished, I'm preparing my DJ sets and live show. Soon it will start again.

What's the scene like in Iowa? Some action there? I haven't seen much of this country yet. I've been here for the last 5 years, so I'm getting ready for a nice US tour.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back