My never ending struggle to find headphones for me.
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GoMoustache

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I’m in need of a bit of advice please, I know a lot of you guys are very knowledgable on your audio, so I figured this would be the best place to ask. :)

To give you a perspective on what I’m looking for I will list the three headphone I recently purchased and my thoughts.

Skullcandy Crusher Wireless. Loved the bass, even if it did sound slightly artificial and not very responsive. I enjoyed the thump it gave me in my ears, especially watching movies. Some music sounded good (rap etc) but house music didn’t sound good. The mid and high range were pretty terrible.

Sony XB900N. Great highs and mids. Bass almost none existent though. Lacking bass.

Sony XB950N1. Very muddy, no clarity in vocals. Bass is OK but distorted and didn’t really sound deep enough.

I have tried all of these headphones wired and using a FiiO EK11. Music source is Tidal Hifi and Spotify Premium.

So it seems to me I’m trying to find a pair of headphones which offer crusher style bass without distorting highs.

My budget is up to £200. I have a feeling though the type of headphone I need is much more expensive.

Very much appreciated to anyone who can give some advice or product recommendations. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back