my ms-1's just broke. what should i do?
Dec 31, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 13
First thing first:
1. try any other stereo headphones (earbuds, whatever,) to see whether right channel is on. If not, you have problem with your source right channel - could be right channel of amp is gone or headphone jack out (line out, whatever set-up you've got) is gone. If that's the case, post your finding, I'll try to narrow it down.

2. Cable on MS1 - tried to twist it around jack or close to the right cup? Does it go intermittently on-off? If yes, cable gone open circuit on right channel.

3. Right driver on MS1 is gone (wire is lose from solder tab - not bad, easily fixable) or, worst case scenario the driver voice coil is burned open (bad, cannot be fixed DIY).

The "pop" you describe causes a bit of concern though, it looks like a source problem or overdriving headphones into short circuit (but then left channel should go as well).

See how you go.

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 13
On the bright side, Ken, at ALO, buys broken Grados. You could get a cable or an amp at a discount price!
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God - how loud we're you listening to them?

In any decent phones (MS1 included) your ears shall bleed before driver pops out from excessive volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back