my mom wants to keep my 497s...
Aug 12, 2004 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Reck45

100+ Head-Fier
All I gotta say is lol. I swapped them for her ur20s for the isolation. Now she doesn't wanna give them back. She said they are much more defined and clean sounding. Seems like she's enjoying live concerts a lot more. My brother also said the 555s sound damn close to perfect after I let him listen. See non audiophiles can still apreciate good sound.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 12, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 7
i've found the same thing. they'll say there's no difference but after a while you can't get your cans back for some reason...

Aug 13, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 7
My mom loved my Ety ER-4S's but mostly because of the isolation. She said, "Anything your dad wants can wait until this CD is over!" (She still loves Dr. Hook for some reason.) She went nuts over the detail but was kind of freaked out about how far she had to wedge them into her ears. On my next trip home, I'll set her up with a nice system. Probably a pair of HD600 (or maybe DT880), along with a D-EJ2000 and my Creek OBH-11 SE amp. Something that she can set up and tear down easily (so that the grandkids don't destroy it).

Aug 13, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 7
My mom stole my PortaPro's right after I received my DT440's. I had previously loaned them out to her with my crappy PCDP and she had made comments on how clear they sounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back