My mini review of the akg k14p.
Oct 18, 2005 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
I was looking for a nice sounding earbud which doesn't leak as much sound as ksc 75 and SQ on par with e888 /ksc 75. Does the akg achieve the objective? I can safely say ' YES!!!"

On the package- The box that contains it looks pretty classy but i have problems opening up to get the earphone. The paperbox ended up in shreds

The comfort- Its not very comfortable but bearable. Its lightweight.

On the construction. It feels pretty soild and durable unlike the fragile e888. Its even more durable than mx500.

Arhh finally the most important aspect- SOUND

My 1st impression of the sound when i hooked the akgs on my panasonic pcdp
was that it somehow resembles akg501. Great mids , smooth , detailed high and thin bass. Fortunately the bass seems to be more meaty after some time but not for basshead.
It never sound harsh. Its forward, in your face sound, grado sound without fatigue. The akg shines on vocal and piano, no other earbuds at its price range or near can do piano as good as the akgs. It seems like a perfect headphone , still it lacks resolution compared to my sr225/hd595 but at this price of $20 bucks , theres should be no complain , in fact it can share the throne of ' GIANT KILLER" with ksc 75.

K14p vs MX500 - K14p simply sound better but some folks may prefer mx500 for its more laidback sound. While comparing , it has a deja vu feeling of comparing hd600 with k501/grado. As for absolute SQ , the k14p is no doubt better than mx500 as its more detailed , engaging and clearer. The akg has some soundstage too.

K14p vs ksc75- ksc 75 may sound more musical but k14p shows more details. the koss has more bass impact but akg 14p is more balanced with a very good vocal.

In conclusion for $20 i paid for akg k14p , its insane.

Disclaimer: All words are imho , i don't expect this review rocket k14p to fame or become another FOTM or giant killer , i am just recommanding a headphone that worths some recognition imho

Oct 18, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 23
Thanks for the review hentai. Maybe I'll try these out, since my mx300's aren't cutting it.

Cheapest I can find is $28 shipped from sam ash. Anybody find a place that sells them for cheaper?

Oct 18, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Thanks for the review hentai. Maybe I'll try these out, since my mx300's aren't cutting it.

Cheapest I can find is $28 shipped from sam ash. Anybody find a place that sells them for cheaper?

You can buy it even at $30 if you want , its worth the price

Oct 18, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm

since it can be order thru samash website, does anyone know if it can be purchase in actual samash store or do they have it in stock even?

Oct 18, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #9 of 23
Surpisingly i listen to tool aneima. I thought the akg k14p would make the dark tool music sound bright but fortunately it retain its darkness.

Oct 18, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #10 of 23
You says the AKG K14P it's better in sound quality than Senn MX500.

I wondered it AKG K14P it's also better than PX100 or PX200... What do you think?

And how about of your big brothers AKG24P/26P?

What is the difference with the K12P? only the volume control?

-Maurus

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 23
I replied to Hentai's thread but he obviously went out and got them! So glad you are pleased with them! They really are a great little bud!

Oct 24, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #14 of 23
For those who find akg 14p sounds rather bright , the foam can tame the highs and give a warmer sound.

Oct 24, 2005 at 12:45 PM Post #15 of 23
i was wondering about the diameter of the actual earphones, are they larger than the sennheiser mx400's?

And with regards to bass, are they similar to the mx400/500's? or is the bass not as strong?

Edit: Oh and if i don't want the volume control, could i also the get k12p instead? they are identical in terms of sound quality aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back