My mini review of the akg k14p.
Oct 24, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 23
The bass is less muddy but more accurate than mx400. But if you put the foam on , the bass sounds just right.

k12p looks ugly to me.

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 23
Does it come with foamies, or are you using the Radioshack ones?

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
got any thoughts on k14p vs. senn mx400/500?

K14P has better clarity. Mids and treble are better but its bass is weaker. Doesn't go as low as a mx400/500.

MX500/400 doesn't sound as clean as a K14P or MX550 but have the strongest and deepest bass. 550s are too bright for my taste and has almost no bass.

Fitting and comfort might be a problem. K14P is about the same size as a MX500 but for some reason, my left ear hurts while listening to the K14P. Had no problems with the MX500 or the smaller MX550.

Oct 25, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #20 of 23
i have a pair as well. they sound very 'clean' to me.

here is a picture just so you can see what they look like. the volume control is not so bad since it is near the part where the two wires join. also, the headphones are y shaped (left and right wires are even length)
DSC00376.jpg

a closeup of the buds.

notice that the wires are very tangled... it must be because of the material of the wires, or that they were coiled up in the case. they feel slightly rubbery, but it is still sturdy. this is my only issue with these earbuds. they start curling up when i put them on.

the case which includes foam coverings for the buds. i left them off since i push these earbuds in my pocket and sometimes they slip off. if you just listen to them and put them back in the case it should be fine to use the foam coverings.

anyways.. they are good. they go well with my flash player, when i just want to listen to a song or two and still hear good music.

edit: the tangling is not quite so bad.. just that when i take them out of my pocket they are a bit of work to untangle. im sure thats the case with most earbuds.

Oct 25, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #22 of 23
AKG K14: excellent midrange/treble, but thin sounding (not much bass).

Sennheiser MX400/500: midrange/treble not as refined or clear as
the K14, but has a fuller sound due to more upper bass that bleeds into
the lower midrange.

Sennheiser MX450/550: extremely bright! Not refined. No bass.

Sony MDR-E10: Extremely comfortable due to very small size and shape.
Does everything the K14 does, but has bass and comfort. It fits better than
a typical earbud and so derives some of the bass benefits of an earplug
style bud.

In reply to someone elses question here: K24P is distorted sounding (awful);
K26P has fantastic bass, good treble, distant recessed midrange; don't know
anything about the new K27i; K14 is more clear than the old Px100; don't know how the K14 compares to new PX100; the new px200 (aluminum clad voice coil) is clear like the K14 (not as refined though) and (with electronic bass boost) the px200 has as much bass as the k26p but with a better midrange; don't know how the k14 compares to the hd201; the k14 is way clearer than the audio-technica T44, T33.

Oct 26, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #23 of 23
If you put foam on akg k14 , the sound will be warmer and more bass. I still think akg k14 with foam is better than most earbuds in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back