My love for hotdogs on the Grill thread..pure L-O-V-E!
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Hotdogs are awesome but when you cook them on the grill there is this treasure chest of taste that opens up and lets you spoil and bask in the pure amazingness of taste your buds would never imagine! like a grill and a hotdog is two hydrogen atoms bonded to a single tasty oxygen atom to give your chewable thirsts the most plentiful taste...seriously world peace probably could be one step closer if we had "hotdogs on the grill day". imagine if you neighbor made you a hotdog on the grill, you could never look at that person with anger again as long as you live...thats the simple power of what hotdogs cooked on the grill do!

I like my hotdogs from the grill a bit burnt, i confess this but say this with pride...cause i love hotdogs on the grill.

i usually throw mustard and SWEET relish on them when paired with a bun but if i have prior insider knowledge that there is a hotdog cooking rite now on a grill i been known to hand pick them rite off and eat them alone without anything else.

funny part is when you cook hotdogs in hot water there is very few taste differences between different makes of hotdogs, but when you grill them OMG it's like like completely different. not one make is like the other but they all taste amazing..cause their cooked on the grill

today i ate these hotdogs that where really small, didnt even fill the bun. but the juiceness and flavor filled the sky with most beautiful rainbow of taste i ever imagined.

sadly i just ate my hotdogs and ran out, oh well i guess no matter what life throws at me i always can look forward to more hotdogs on the grill some day (hopefully soon).

i dont think i ever tasted a bad hotdog cooked on a grill, maybe a really burnt hotdog but not a bad hotdog.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 47
TOTALLY agree with you. I just got a new gas weber as I really wanted the convenience of propane over my charcoal weber, and have been cooking up franks, brats, and italian sausage like mad. In the past sometimes I just boiled them up for convenience, but with the gas weber its a cinch just slapping it on and having something really delicious come out in minutes. The first thing I noticed is how well the flavor is maintained when grilled vs boiled, though I knew previously that boiling basically takes all the good stuff out, whereas grilling keeps it all in, tasting that 1st brat from the new weber is special.

Now if you come over with your HF2's Beely so I can take a listen, I am sure I can find a way to slap on some meat on the grill for you to gourge on
beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 47
That sounds really good. That reminds me of the evenings over at my cousin's place. We like to grill over an open firepit. The best part is mixing up the types of wood to grill over. We've used various woodworking leftovers as well as local tree trimmings - each species gives its own flavor to what you cook. We've had good experiences with jacaranda.

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds really good. That reminds me of the evenings over at my cousin's place. We like to grill over an open firepit. The best part is mixing up the types of wood to grill over. We've used various woodworking leftovers as well as local tree trimmings - each species gives its own flavor to what you cook. We've had good experiences with jacaranda.

Have you ever grilled over a pit filled with DarthBeyers? I hear the dogs come out bloated.

And yes, I 100% agree with the sentiment of this thread.

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 47
We always throw sausages on the barbie down under...
unless theyre what we call hotdogs (large frankfurters in a bun) in which case we just use good old water.

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 47
Mmmmm.. It's been awhile since I've cooked hot dogs on the grill. Lately I've been using my tiny Smokey Joe to cook up some salmon, arracheras, and good old fashioned burgers. Nothing like the great smokey flavor you get with a charcoal grill!

Maybe sometime this week I'll light up the grill and cook some hot dogs. One rule, though: No ketchup!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 47
Hoffman white snappers are the best lips and a**holes ever, and I am also a firm believer of charring the casing too.

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hoffman white snappers are the best lips and a**holes ever, and I am also a firm believer of charring the casing too.

Hoffman's are good as are Hebrew National brand. Love 'em charred!
beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #15 of 47
I miss HOTDOGS!!
They just aren't the same in Japan
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back