my little pony appreciation thread
Jan 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,276 of 1,413
Quote:
The Italian version of the theme song is 2:11 long 
eek.gif

Seems almost like a fan PMV, albeit a really good one. Very nice choice of clips, I really like the use of the dress clips from Suited for Success.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,277 of 1,413
Today's episode is up in 1080p!

Great episode, but not enough to dethrone any of my favorites. Best part is we get a new song! And it's sung mostly by males (and some Granny Smith)! And they're the villains! Pretty awesome.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #1,278 of 1,413
Agreed, good episode. While it may not dethrone my very favorite episodes either, I think it had the best Celestia letter ever.

Applejack is best pony (for this episode at least)!

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,279 of 1,413
I only have one thing to say about the new song... Monorail!

Great episode though. Best letter to Celestia.

Am I the only one who wanted an ending scene with Celestia reading that letter and her subsequent reaction?

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #1,281 of 1,413

Quote:

This is awesome
biggrin.gif

The only thing that bothered me about this episode is one plot hole. Why didn't Flim and Flam just turn the QC back on for future sales and serve everypony the 1st batches of barrels they made before they turned it off? Of course, then, AJ and her family would've lost the farm which would've been sad
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,282 of 1,413

Quote:
This is awesome
biggrin.gif

The only thing that bothered me about this episode is one plot hole. Why didn't Flim and Flam just turn the QC back on for future sales and serve everypony the 1st batches of barrels they made before they turned it off? Of course, then, AJ and her family would've lost the farm which would've been sad
frown.gif

I would assume it was because the earlier batches were indistinguishable from the later ones (all used the same barrels). They were building a pyramid and thus there would be no way to tell what were the good and which were the bad at the end. When you have a slew of thirsty ponies wanting their drink going though a huge amount of barrels (at that point, the majority being bad non QCed barrels), would have caused a riot because of waiting and still would have ended badly anyway for them. Unless YOU think you can distinguish one identical barrel from another, and the ONLY way to get a sure fire good one would be to take from the bottom middle... And... yeah... That wouldn't have turned out well.... Granted, that would have been HILARIOUS! But then the situation would have been resolved without the moral which is integrity is rewarded while speed without integrity is pointless. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #1,283 of 1,413

Quote:

I would assume it was because the earlier batches were indistinguishable from the later ones (all used the same barrels). They were building a pyramid and thus there would be no way to tell what were the good and which were the bad at the end. When you have a slew of thirsty ponies wanting their drink going though a huge amount of barrels (at that point, the majority being bad non QCed barrels), would have caused a riot because of waiting and still would have ended badly anyway for them. Unless YOU think you can distinguish one identical barrel from another, and the ONLY way to get a sure fire good one would be to take from the bottom middle... And... yeah... That wouldn't have turned out well.... Granted, that would have been HILARIOUS! But then the situation would have been resolved without the moral which is integrity is rewarded while speed without integrity is pointless. 

Yeah, I meant that they could take the ones from the bottom middle of the pyramid, of course, after tearing down the pyramid from the top. They still made quite a bit before they turned QC off. I'm not sure if it would've been enough or not. It reminds me of fast food. If you go to McDonald's and you're looking for a gourmet burger, you're in the wrong place, but it will be served to you faster. I, for one, think it's sad how many people take their families out to eat to fast food places. They're great if you're on a lunch break and don't have much time, but otherwise, go to a real restaurant.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #1,284 of 1,413

Quote:
Yeah, I meant that they could take the ones from the bottom middle of the pyramid, of course, after tearing down the pyramid from the top. They still made quite a bit before they turned QC off. I'm not sure if it would've been enough or not. It reminds me of fast food. If you go to McDonald's and you're looking for a gourmet burger, you're in the wrong place, but it will be served to you faster. I, for one, think it's sad how many people take their families out to eat to fast food places. They're great if you're on a lunch break and don't have much time, but otherwise, go to a real restaurant.

Here is the problem though... Lets say they did that, at some point they'd still take the wrong barrel. And then the ponies would still realize that they sacrificed quality for speed, and the result would have been the same, just would have taken until later in the queue. So I think the result would have been the same regardless. It doesn't matter how many were made, tearing all of them down and not knowing which are good and which are bad still means someone would get bad cider at some point. That many barrels get confusing. Remember, they stopped QCing about 1/3 into the production. It went from 3 to 1 to 5 to 3, which means that their post production in order to win at that amount would have had to been at least 7 to 5 or more. So the greater majority of product would be non QCed cider. The probability of taking a bad barrel would be high, it is just a matter of time and the result would have been the same. Again the moral was integrity over speed. 

Also, burgers are a bad example for speed v quality, because burgers do not take that long to prepare... One of my favorite burger joints serves you fast and they kick the stuff out of McDonalds. Granted, instead of $4 for a burger its $8 for a burger, so instead of paying $6 for a meal I pay $13 for a meal. Oh man those burgers are good.... I think it would be better to compare say getting KFC grilled chicken vs a grilled chicken meal from a restaurant. The speed of KFC is great, but you can't compare the taste or presentation to a proper chicken meal from a restaurant. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,286 of 1,413

Quote:
Speaking of McDonalds, MLP toys are returning in March. I'm going to march in there and demand toys. Hopefully while wearing one of my coming pony shirts, which I just ordered this week.

Just one question... Why is Celestia pink???? Also Cherilee but no Luna?! TRAVESTY! That said... I'm not into collecting toys... So I won't be looking to get one. Games, yes, Headphones... uh... duh!, but toys... not so much, unless they are for something that is completely timeless like Star Wars or what have you.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #1,287 of 1,413
Quote:
Just one question... Why is Celestia pink???? Also Cherilee but no Luna?! TRAVESTY! That said... I'm not into collecting toys... So I won't be looking to get one. Games, yes, Headphones... uh... duh!, but toys... not so much, unless they are for something that is completely timeless like Star Wars or what have you.

Those are the toys from when they were last at McDonalds, last January or something. They may have changed this time. Regardless of Celestia's color, they're all the most show-accurate toys around (sad as that sounds).

Are you suggesting this iteration of MLP won't be remembered? I'd disagree! 
smile.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,288 of 1,413

Quote:
Those are the toys from when they were last at McDonalds, last January or something. They may have changed this time. Regardless of Celestia's color, they're all the most show-accurate toys around (sad as that sounds).

Are you suggesting this iteration of MLP won't be remembered? I'd disagree! 
smile.gif

Not at all, but thus far I have only collected toys for Star Wars, Doctor Who and Back to the Future. If they have a character that I particularly like I MIGHT pick it up (Would debate saying if I was a brony or not though, granted, I don't look like one to trifle with regardless so they might just accept it :p)

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,289 of 1,413
If I recall, the last time we had MLP toys (I work at micky d's), they were of the old series. This would be the first time we would have MLP:FiM toys. You can buy them individually for $1 each which a lot of people don't know. And if you ask for one of each, and they tell you they only have one, they're lying. Everytime we get a new set of toys, we get a "Customer Satisfaction Box" for each gender of toys. My managers don't want us opening them, because they would rather save them for times when we are in between toys which kinda defeats the purpose. I always give customers the toys they want. When we had The Smurfs toys, all kinds of people wanted to buy the whole collection, so it's not uncommon.

Also, your local McDonald's may not get the MLP toys, because each month we get a catalog and choose between two sets of toys that McDonald's Corp. is offering. For example, for the month of March, there may be a choice between Hot Wheels and Barbie or MLP and Transformers (or something like that). I hope mine chooses the latter
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #1,290 of 1,413

Quote:
If I recall, the last time we had MLP toys (I work at micky d's), they were of the old series. This would be the first time we would have MLP:FiM toys. You can buy them individually for $1 each which a lot of people don't know. And if you ask for one of each, and they tell you they only have one, they're lying. Everytime we get a new set of toys, we get a "Customer Satisfaction Box" for each gender of toys. My managers don't want us opening them, because they would rather save them for times when we are in between toys which kinda defeats the purpose. I always give customers the toys they want. When we had The Smurfs toys, all kinds of people wanted to buy the whole collection, so it's not uncommon.

Also, your local McDonald's may not get the MLP toys, because each month we get a catalog and choose between two sets of toys that McDonald's Corp. is offering. For example, for the month of March, there may be a choice between Hot Wheels and Barbie or MLP and Transformers (or something like that). I hope mine chooses the latter
biggrin.gif

The more you know... 
cool.gif
  Thanks for the insider info, I will definitely be making an appearance at my local McD's when the time comes. Should be interesting. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back