my little pony appreciation thread
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #121 of 1,413
Quote:
25 is the best episode.

I don't know. It's certainly one of the best, but I think the fandom has blown Pinkamena so out of proportion that the episode is overrated.

If I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be 21. The fandom hasn't done much memetic for it, except Fluttertree and Aaaappleoosa. It's still one of the funniest episodes despite that. Cowboys-and-Indians parallels in cartoons always seemed heavy-handed, but the writers did a great job here. Both sides of the conflict are sympathetic. Also, You Gotta Share is awesome in a terrible way.

Quote:
Why did I even click into this thread?

Because deep down you want to watch a girls' show about ponies, and you know it. It's okay, we're here for you.

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #122 of 1,413

Quote:

Quote:

25 is the best episode.

I don't know. It's certainly one of the best, but I think the fandom has blown Pinkamena so out of proportion that the episode is overrated.

If I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be 21. The fandom hasn't done much memetic for it, except Fluttertree and Aaaappleoosa. It's still one of the funniest episodes despite that. Cowboys-and-Indians parallels in cartoons always seemed heavy-handed, but the writers did a great job here. Both sides of the conflict are sympathetic. Also, You Gotta Share is awesome in a terrible way.

I loved that episode too, but I already liked Pinkie a lot before 26, and 26 just made me explode with....uhh.....well, it just made me explode. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #126 of 1,413
seriously, the thread was closed because of people who crapped on this thread thinking it wasn't serious making it look like more of a joke then it already looks.

so once again, haters are unwelcome here 

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #127 of 1,413

Quote:
seriously, the thread was closed because of people who crapped on this thread thinking it wasn't serious making it look like more of a joke then it already looks.

Hey i am not a hater. I respect you all for liking something most people look down upon. Plus i watched 1 episode and it truly isn't that bad for a kids show. I say my friends enjoy your show.

After all

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #128 of 1,413
Quote:

Quote:
Hey i am not a hater. I respect you all for liking something most people look down upon. Plus i watched 1 episode and it truly isn't that bad for a kids show. I say my friends enjoy your show.

After all

Haters are welcome as long as they're rational and reasonable. And maybe try an episode or two 
wink.gif

You still haven't watched any more episodes bcasey? I was looking forward to converting you.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #129 of 1,413

Quote:
     Quote:

Haters are welcome as long as they're rational and reasonable. And maybe try an episode or two 
wink.gif

You still haven't watched any more episodes bcasey? I was looking forward to converting you.

Perhaps i will. I am just not sure what to think about it. After all, it is a kids show. But it still is well done for what it is. When i watched the show i watched a random episode on tv so i didn't see from the beginning.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #130 of 1,413
Quote:
Perhaps i will. I am just not sure what to think about it. After all, it is a kids show. But it still is well done for what it is. When i watched the show i watched a random episode on tv so i didn't see from the beginning.

Do you know what episode it was? What happened in it? What did you like about it, which characters etc.? I can try to guide you to some more like it. If you liked what you saw, then give it another episode before you decide to continue or not. I'd only recommend you stop after one episode if you saw no redeeming qualities in it, which it seems doesn't describe you.

My experience is that the first episode you see will grab you with its quality. Then if you keep watching because of that, and you like it, you'll realize how much deeper the quality runs.

Don't let me or anyone else convince you to continue if you don't want to, though. Before I started to love the show in earnest, the pushiness of the community scared me a bit. It hasn't drawn parallels to the Borg or the zombie apocalypse for nothing. Part of that is because the show's so awesome, another big part is because the fans are so thoroughly convinced that it's awesome and that everyone needs to love it.

This would have been a good time for a Fluttershy "You're going to love me!" .gif, but apparently I don't have one saved! Time to remedy that.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #131 of 1,413

Quote:
Do you know what episode it was? What happened in it? What did you like about it, which characters etc.? I can try to guide you to some more like it. If you liked what you saw, then give it another episode before you decide to continue or not. I'd only recommend you stop after one episode if you saw no redeeming qualities in it, which it seems doesn't describe you.

My experience is that the first episode you see will grab you with its quality. Then if you keep watching because of that, and you like it, you'll realize how much deeper the quality runs.

Don't let me or anyone else convince you to continue if you don't want to, though. Before I started to love the show in earnest, the pushiness of the community scared me a bit. It hasn't drawn parallels to the Borg or the zombie apocalypse for nothing. Part of that is because the show's so awesome, another big part is because the fans are so thoroughly convinced that it's awesome and that everyone needs to love it.

This would have been a good time for a Fluttershy "You're going to love me!" .gif, but apparently I don't have one saved! Time to remedy that.

lol... lyra and bon bon have my official support 

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #135 of 1,413

Quote:
Ponies are definitely serious business.

lol...princess celestia!..."so twilight sparkle...wut have you learned today...' always thought twilight sparkle was a little weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back