My little Italian Greyhound died yesterday.
May 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #17 of 39
i know the feeling too well

lost my pet chicken last year had her 7 years
frown.gif

May 13, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #19 of 39
i knew i wouldn't get through this thread without tearing up. our german shepard pook, had her time come about two years ago-- dreading the time when our english mastiff gus (see avatar) ....

ending their pain after a wonderful life is the kindest thing we can do for our pets.

my thoughts are with you

May 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #22 of 39
Reading this brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss.

I have 14 year old Italian Greyhound that we are doing everything we can to extend her life. She just had a tumor removed from her leg for a 2nd time and now she is on long term chemo pills to keep it from coming back. Luckily I am able to hide the medicine in pieces of chicken so she is quite happy.

Italian Greyhounds can be quite characters and truly are your best friend. At least you can be truly grateful for the time you shared together. And it sounds like he lived a full life too.

May 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So sorry for your loss, Sal looks like he was really special...a friend sent this to me when my Molly died...it would be nice if it happens this way...

<snip>

Wow beautiful poetry.
It's true though. Sometimes your pet is better off with the rest and peace it deserves.

May 13, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #24 of 39
That is really sad, and i know how you feel. Our Italian Greyhound died a little over a month ago. May you remember him for life.

May 14, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #26 of 39
Family will always be and he obviously had a good life by your fine and heartfelt tribute. Are you considering another?

tongue.gif
Big licks from your other family. Will you scratch our belly?
L3000.gif

May 14, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #28 of 39
Sorry for your loss, I went through a similar situation with two german shepards.
frown.gif

May 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 39
I have a lurcher who has sometimes been mistaken for an italian greyhound but I digress.

I am really sorry for your loss, animals, dogs in particular are a very special companion to us, indeed even being in some instances almost a surrogate for children. They are a part of the family and deeply loved and return that love tenfold.

Sorry for your loss and understand how deep your pain is

R.I.P. little fella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back