My latest creation, the sound is completely neutral :-)
Nov 17, 2011 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Fred_fred2004

Member of the Trade: Fred_fred2004 (Ebay Store)
Neutral and completely transparent, in fact it has no audiable effect on the sound at all !!!!

tested with several dac's and not one of them even noticed the tube

its so good I'm willing to put the design in the public domain, I'm sure there will be lot of group buys

The warm radiant light really makes the music a magic experience, easily as good as a piece of wire!!!!

of course I could just be mucking about
beerchug.gif

cheers
FRED

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 41
art!

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 41
Neutral and completely transparent, in fact it has no audible effect on the sound at all !!!!

Do you have a full suite of test measurements to back this statement up?    We'd need those to decide whether we'd like the music we hear through it!

Nice tho Fred, when you go to sell this you could use a description like this (someone else here spotted it):

This tube charm, music and atmosphere, have a fairly good dynamic performance
This degree of control to you with alcohol, warm, sweet types of music.
To detail, level of clear, strong bass intensity.
The expression of emotion is quite good, rich flavor fascinating

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #5 of 41
Sell it I couldn't sell this it's a work of true audiophile love

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 41

Quote:

This tube charm, music and atmosphere, have a fairly good dynamic performance
This degree of control to you with alcohol, warm, sweet types of music.
To detail, level of clear, strong bass intensity.
The expression of emotion is quite good, rich flavor fascinating

How long is the break-in? Is a balanced version available? How about matching cables? What "tuning fuse" polarity works best? 

Is the sound "to die for", or do you just have to "pick your jaw up off the floor"?

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #8 of 41
I'd actually probably buy one of those, if it doesn't draw too much from the USB. Got some old crappy chinese tubes I'm not using, and I could use more audio related cube toys at the office. :D

Did you have to put in any sort of voltage regulation, or is it just straight USB power? 

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 41
Burn in should be around 500hrs which will give time for it to be out of warrenty

it only draws 2mA so the twin regulators have no problems sinking the virtual BS channel

cheers
FRED

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 41
awesome warm glow Fred, its improving my musical experience from here, do you have a paypal account? i feel i owe you money already

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #11 of 41
what the math?! what is that thing suppose to be?

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #12 of 41

Quote:
what the math?! what is that thing suppose to be?

If you have to ask, you can neither understand nor afford it. And why should someone publish years of proprietary research just to see a bunch of cheap Third World clones pop up on Ebay next week?

I am sorry to hear about potential quality control issues. Might be a good idea to wait for the 2.0 upgrade.

And by the way, how is the "Wire Without Gain" project coming?  I'd be willing to pay a little extra  to be jumped to the head of the pre-order list.

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 41
I find that my ears keep getting in the way of hearing silence...

Quote:
There is no sound more difficult to produce than silence, and it appears your design might achieve that spectacularly.

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back